Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mac OS X Build
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

chrisballinger

Dolphin for Mac OS X
Dolphin.dmg.zip

I have put together a build for Mac OS X that should work if you have the required dependencies installed. Tell me how it works/doesn't work. It is built for Intel only and has only been tested on Mac OS X 10.5.7.
this build does not work for me. It returns application quit unexpectedly error dialogue and gives this report
Process: Dolphin [670]
Path: /Applications/Dolphin/Dolphin.app/Contents/MacOS/Dolphin
Identifier: com.dolphin-emu.dolphin
Version: ??? (???)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [463]

Interval Since Last Report: 751 sec
Crashes Since Last Report: 4
Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 0 sec
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 4

Date/Time: 2009-05-20 01:15:44.368 -0400
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.7 (9J61)
Report Version: 6
Anonymous UUID: 9F7527CA-4DA7-47E4-AD22-9BF25742DF35

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread: 0

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libwx_macu-2.8.0.dylib
Referenced from: /Applications/Dolphin/Dolphin.app/Contents/MacOS/Dolphin
Reason: Incompatible library version: Dolphin requires version 7.0.0 or later, but libwx_macu-2.8.0.dylib provides version 6.0.0
I have all the dependencies install, even the ones said to be optional, and I'm running os x 10.5.7 on a macbook pro 15" santa rosa 2.2ghz c2d.

chrisballinger

When is the last time you updated your dependencies?
also try this:

Code:
sudo port upgrade libao cairo wxwidgets glew
I updated the dependancies the day I downloaded your build, and I also ran that command as well.
sorry for being such an idiot there, I didn't look over the error report close enough to see.
"Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libwx_macu-2.8.0.dylib
Referenced from: /Applications/Dolphin/Dolphin.app/Contents/MacOS/Dolphin
Reason: Incompatible library version: Dolphin requires version 7.0.0 or later, but libwx_macu-2.8.0.dylib provides version 6.0.0"
so I tried running sudo port upgrade libao cairo wxwidgets glew in terminal again. However I still get the same error. Maybe you could send me a copy of your libwx_macu-2.8.0.dylib. Or if you can see anything that I'm doing wrong you can tell me.

iBookworm

Hi: I just downloaded the binary and followed your instructions to install all the dependencies. But when I start Dolphin I get this message:

Error loading Games/Emulation/Dolphin/Dolphin.app/Contents/Plugins/PlugInslibPlugin_DSP_HLE.dylib: can't find file

It looked to me like for some odd reason Dolphin was not looking for this DSP_HLE plugin in the plugins folder, but was looking for it in the Contents folder. So I moved it there, and renamed it "PlugInslibPlugin_DSP_HLE.dylib." It still doesn't work, but now it no longer says "can't find file, but "can't read info."

Any help would be appreciated. I'm running 10.5.7 on a brand new MacBook Pro 2.4, if that matters.
I have the build working now, apparently when macports was updating dependancies it had failed to deactivate and uninstall the previous builds of those dependencies, after uninstalling all versions of those dependencies and reinstalling dolphin finally launched.
here are the bugs i found.
the general tab of settings I cannot change any settings the same goes for the dsp lle plugin setup
njoy 0.3 doesn't work the setup window is all grayed out
njoy 0.4 thinks that A-0 axis is always on and gives the wierd tilting screen bug when playing ssbm
fails to launch a game if dsp lle is selected
it crashes upon stopping emulation
there are a few graphical bugs in menus (missing text on memory card warning before th game starts)
with HLE dsp the audio is really choppy and cuts in and out
video averages lower than 5fps but at times it will jump to full speed regardless of whats going on onscreen ( at times there will be lots of action on screen and it will run full speed and other times there will be little action such as a menu screen and it will be below 5fps.) My guess is that the hle audio is really taxing on the cpu most of the time

I have only tested ssbm on my 2.2ghz macbook pro santa rosa.
(05-26-2009, 06:59 AM)g-man_emu-gamer Wrote: [ -> ]with HLE dsp the audio is really choppy and cuts in and out
video averages lower than 5fps but at times it will jump to full speed regardless of whats going on onscreen ( at times there will be lots of action on screen and it will run full speed and other times there will be little action such as a menu screen and it will be below 5fps.) My guess is that the hle audio is really taxing on the cpu most of the time

I have only tested ssbm on my 2.2ghz macbook pro santa rosa.

can you upload a video of melee working on OS X please?
that will be very intersting

esprits300

thank you so much for compiling this! i am eagerly trying to get this to work and im happy to find somone who precompiled it! one issue i have is that the video wont init. when i click on the plugins, all of them show up but the graphics/video plugin. any ideas? i follwed your instructions but obviously i missed something.... thanks!
(06-13-2009, 04:06 AM)esprits300 Wrote: [ -> ]thank you so much for compiling this! i am eagerly trying to get this to work and im happy to find somone who precompiled it! one issue i have is that the video wont init. when i click on the plugins, all of them show up but the graphics/video plugin. any ideas? i follwed your instructions but obviously i missed something.... thanks!

Have you installed the nvidia cg toolkit? Also if you have an ati card the cg toolkit may not be compatible, but I'm unsure about that.

Also if anyone would like a newer build for mac I can compile and upload one.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12