Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wind Waker - Pictograph Issue.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

CrackEdd

Hello everyone,

I will try and keep this terse,

The Issue:
  • The issue I am having with Wind Waker, is that every time I take a 'photo' using the Picto Box, there is a huge delay, as if dolphin is going to crash. If I wait a while, then the 'photo' is, apparently, taken, even though the image shown, when asked if I want to save the photo, is black. If I then try to view the saved 'photo', it does display as you would expect. However, when i try to show it to Lorenzo, regardless of the 'photo' quality, he will say "Hmm... Thats's not quite right...".

Things I have tried:
  • I have tried directx9, with EFB set to ram and texture.
  • I have tried OpenGL, despite the fact OpenGl cause artifacts and constant crashes on my system, with EFB set to ram and texture.
  • I have tried each of the above on the latest revision of both the 32bit and 64bit versions.
  • I have searched the net, found others with similar problem and tried the solutions suggested, which was the steps above.

My System:
  • CPU - AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
  • GPU - ATI HD 4850
  • RAM - 5gb OCZ DDR2 400mhz (2 2gb sticks and 2 512mb sticks)
  • MOBO - MSI K9A Platinum
  • OS - Windows 7 64bit (Recent install, i believe i have all the current drivers).

If I have left anything out, please ask.

Thanks in advance
CrackEdd

p.s. I apologise if this issue is known and has been fixed. I did, honestly, search for a solution, but i couldn't find one that works for me.
try setting the xfb to virtual/real

P.S. virtual is better looking.

CrackEdd

I tried XFB on virtual, then real. The problem still persists.

p.s. This was with Directx9, with EFB set to ram. As the wiki suggests you should have. Should i try the XFB setting using OpenGL.
Sure but opengl produces a worse looking 3d graphics.
The Wiki page suggests a few possible fixes, but as far as I know, the Lorenzo side quest remains broken even if you get it to display photographs. For some reason, however, the Nintendo Gallery still works. The general work-around is simply not to do the side quest, and use a cheat code to get the color pictobox if you wish to do the Nintendo Gallery side quest.

Also, the last time I played Wind Waker in Dolphin, that was the only major remaining gameplay issue. Wind Waker still has a few audio and graphics glitches, but nothing that makes the game impossible to complete.

CrackEdd

Quick update:

After searching around the Internet looking for others with a similar issue, I was surprised that I couldn't find that many. Which suggested to me, perhaps this is an issue which once existed (because I found a few posts about this issue, which were all using very early revisions), got fixed and then returned in later revisions.

So i tried some older revisions, specifically, v.2.0 (the last official release, I believe) and the problem with the Picto Box completely went away. Including the initial black image when the picture is taken.

I thought I would post this update just in case someone else has this issue and manages to find this post.

p.s. There are a few other, major, issues which remain, or have returned. I can't remember what they all are, but one of them is: When the Deku tree gives you Farore's Pearl, the screen goes black after the cut scene and the game doesn't continue. The fix for this is known, you have to second mouse button on the game in the dolphin main window (You have to make sure the game is shown by clicking browse and loading it), selecting properties, then patches and then making sure 'Fix Item Hang' is selected.

p.p.s Thanks everyone who replied.

yomak

(12-29-2010, 12:40 AM)CrackEdd Wrote: [ -> ]Quick update:

So i tried some older revisions, specifically, v.2.0 (the last official release, I believe) and the problem with the Picto Box completely went away. Including the initial black image when the picture is taken.

You are brilliant, sir!

Now I can finish Lenzo's quests. Also you can move saves between versions(svn6667 and 2.0) with MemCard Manager - works both ways for me.
HW: intel quad, 2G RAM, nvidia 8800gt, vista 32bit

D9 graphics plugin:
CPU->EFB
EFB copy->RAM
I am still stuck on this problem.

(1) Changing from openGL to Direct3D9 changes the black pictograph to an actual pictograph, but the game then freezes.
(2) I copied the save game file by hand from the r6738 to v2.0 ./User/GC folder. In v2.0 the pictograph freezes on the picture as well.
Any suggestions?
For those of you who got it to work in v2.0, (1) how did you copy your saved game (does this even matter) and (2) did you change any settings or did you use v2.0 out of the box?

Thanks!
You need to enable EFB to RAM.
I believe I have.

Pages: 1 2 3