Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: new site = new forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
if dolphin-emu.org is the new official site, this forums will be closed/moved to? if yes, what happens with all the gathered information about problems in games? is it intended to copy all threads to the new forum/make an archive?
That forum is not official, this one is. Don't get confused. The other site is a cheap knockoff.
just like starscream said that is not real forums , forums.dolphin-emu.com is the official dolphin forums and is here to stay.
i believe that dolphin-emu.org is own by mamario because he usually compile new revision of dolphin for that website.
Surprised mamario hasn't been requested to change the name of the site and not use the Dolphin name. Shame that he is being allowed to ride off of the name and popularity of Dolphin, impersonating the official site and forums to generate hits, revenue and no one cares. Then we see threads like this from members who are being misled into thinking that is the official site and forum for the project, not to mention a while back either mamario or one of his followers edited the official Wikipedia page for Dolphin to point to that dolphin-emulator site instead of the official site and forum that is located here.

This should not be allowed to happen and continue happening. If this were any other project this wouldn't be allowed to happen. In fact, developers of other projects wouldn't take so kindly to such misrepresentation and misleading everyone, especially if the aforementioned site is impersonating the official site and forum, their official Wikipedia page was edited to spam an unrelated fan site..

I know he provides frequently updated builds, but this is going a bit far. It really shouldn't go beyond just providing frequently updated builds for everyone to use, there is no reason why contributions from him can't be made to the official forum and wiki that is locally hosted here. Anyone shouldn't be allowed to operate a site that is generating hits and revenue from the name and popularity of another site or project. Much like companies periodically taking down websites, seizing domains and assets from those that use their brand names to generate hits and revenue.
the database behind this forum will be moved to mamario's site soonish. The forum will be unavailable while that happens (hopefully not very long Smile ).
I really hope you are joking, that would seriously be bad for the project and everyone. >_<

Anyways I have no problem with the guy and appreciate that he is providing builds, but he shouldn't be allowed to take advantage of the name and popularity of the project to generate hits and revenue, misleading everyone in the process. There is nothing stopping him from contributing on the forum here, there is even a wiki here he could contribute to if he so wanted to. Everything needs to be hosted locally on the official domain, the official domain should not even be considered to be forfeited to a newbie fan site. It would be like Ngemu, Emutalk or 1Emulation being forfeited to my site which would never be considered, let alone be allowed to happen.

If the developers don't have time to maintain the the site and wiki then perhaps they could request mamario to help out with that? For the best interest in the project, members and users please keep everything local to the official site and domain. There is really no reason that consideration for this can be justified, even as a joke. Wink
He's not joking.
Well that's stupid.

If anything, it should be mamario forced to forfeit his site for the official site, not the other way around.
well this is going to suck .
seriously i think mamario site should
not be the official site , even if he make
dolphin emulator better he should not ever
redirect the dolphin wiki page to his site.
the official dolphin and forums site works fine
but that my opinion
Xtreme, you live with it, or get out.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12