Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Bring 2x25 SSAA back !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
As said in the title.
With it everthing looked good.
Enabling 4xSSAA costs lot of performance and drops my framerate per 20%.
I agree that x2.25 was good enough. But I'm not certain that rodolfo will bring it back, not without a crowd claiming for it.

ps: Getting new specs at Christmas, hum? How about waiting 'til 2011 and grab a Sandy Bridge? The new instructions set will make the devs more happy (and so the users)^^
It's not really specs.
Just some hardware.
yeah, I'd also like to have it back, for it had the perfect balance between image quality and performance (at least for me). Actually I cannot even imagine it to be so hard to get it back into the code, but then I've got no clue about coding ;(
Rodolfo said there were bugs in it I thought.
SSAA disabled and EFB Scale at 2x is essentially the same as 2.5 SSAA according to what was mentioned in the past, by rodolfo himself I believe.

With a 9600 GT you should be able to handle 4X SSAA as long as EFB scale is disabled, I always used 4x SSAA with my 9800 GT without any speed loss.
It's a 9600M GT !
Oh, I didn't seem the M at first, sorry. No need to yell it at me, I'm perfectly capable of seeing normal sized lettering, I just didn't see the M when I first read your post.

And yes, just enable 2x EFB scale, this essentially has the same effect as 2.25 SSAA without the performance hit. It's just when you start using SSAA that the performance hit occurs. It was requested in the past to bring back 2.25 SSAA, thing is that it wasn't ever really removed, as 2x EFB scale achieves the same effect. I forgot where this was mentioned by rodolfo, it was in one of the commits.
I'm amazed they implemented it in the first place. It's dangerous to use a sample count ratio that isn't 1:1. In fact I believe he got rid of it because it was causing problems with some games, which makes sense. Not to mention it's far easier to use 4x(2x2) or 9x(3x3) for the same reason. But I suppose he could safely implement 2x(2x1) instead of 2.25x(1.5x1.5).
oh...well, I've got EFB always at 3x ...still, it'd be nice to have 2x SSAA in addition ^^
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7