Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin vs Pcsx2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Can someone tell me if pcsx2 is more cpu and gpu intensive than dolphin emulator?Huh
less.
can't you try yourself?

cpu : about the same, all depending on the game
gpu : dolphin is more relaxed on this for me
(08-04-2010, 06:33 AM)obscured Wrote: [ -> ]less.

really? last time i tried i couldnt play a game at 60fps : / games looked fugly too...
dolphin is more cpu intensive than pcsx2
well...it depends on the games like naoan said but I have no issues running demanding games like dq8. If you run the games at native they will be fugly. But overall on my personal experience between the two I have a easier time with pcsx2
dolphin uses more cpu and pcsx2 uses more gfx.
(08-04-2010, 07:13 AM)Hero Wrote: [ -> ]dolphin uses more cpu and pcsx2 uses more gfx.

thats not necessarily true and depends on the game
(08-04-2010, 09:25 AM)leet Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-04-2010, 07:13 AM)Hero Wrote: [ -> ]dolphin uses more cpu and pcsx2 uses more gfx.

thats not necessarily true and depends on the game
Well I know damn well GC is not nearly as heavy graphically. Sorry, love my nintendo games, but you know its true. However pcsx2 will run a lot better on a med to high end Gpu. Dolphin on the other hand. Slight changes to my cpu have made worlds of increases in frames.
referring to my personal experience, pcsx2 is much lighter as long as you have a dedicated grafx card, i've done many comparisons. also when i switched to dedicated card i got massivistic speed boost in pcsx2 while i hardly got anything in dolphin...
also in game comparisons between games for both platforms. here are my tests:
(sonic unleashed) pcsx2:45-60fps dolphin:10-18fps(half speed)
(DBZ BT3) pcsx2:50-60fps no frameskip dolphin:30-40fps
but there WERE results where dolphin won:
Bakugan pcsx2:40-60fps(unbearable glitches) dolphin:60-100fps(720p)
Pages: 1 2 3