Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Howto] Cheating in Games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(10-04-2010, 10:01 AM)avindra Wrote: [ -> ]"it finds the codes and narrows it down to 1 but when i activate them it doesnt do anything"

Make sure you're not doing Hex mode, and if all else fails, write down the code, stop the game, manually enter it in the config, and then enable it.

The current Cheat Window is pretty buggy in terms of saving codes automatically.

i did that. it didnt work either

023cab70 00000063

should set micaiah's exp to 99. but it doooooooooooesnt Sad

beicinho

I used the "AR Codes" for super mario sunshine but not
work: (
Yeah, this doesn't work too great.
Im on metroid prime (game cube) it already has several codes in the EMU ready - non work

Craig
This sounds pretty interesting. If we find a good cheat, we put them into the game config file, right?
Where I can find game config file? I find cheats on one site and don't know where to put them to do it work.
edit
I found only config file named Dolphin.ini, this is it? And how to put it in this file?

caus909

This tuto only work in specific case.

Zhadow13

I found this tutorial very useful, and I find the cheat search option really awesome, but there are a couple of things I want to add.

First off, for floating point values, one could search the value you are looking for in decimal to hex using this
IEEE
and then subsequently searching the 32-bit floating point, though I can still see that being difficult depending on how the game stores data.

I haven't personally tried looking for floating points floating about, but it's there.

The other two are questions. When I find 16-bit integers (or 8) the resulting code is always 32-bit ( 8 hex characters) which I find odd, is there part of the address value that is reserved to the size of the memory? If so what is it?

The other question is whether we can search addresses instead of data. Let's say I already know money is stored in address 0x00332212 but I have no clue on how its laid out. So I want to just see whatever is on that address as it changes. Is there a way to do that?
Well, there's my two cents....

wombat_831

can someone tell me how to find a target value im looking for health and ammo in sniper elite wii ssnphy
A video tutorial would do this justice. Or maybe even some screenshots, to show what you are doing. Words alone don't always help lol
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6