Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Howto] Cheating in Games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
nice guide but unfortunately, the values found with cheat engine will not work anymore the next time you run dolphin. you'll have to do the search all over again.

with gecko codes, it's retained. unfortunately, even with the latest dolphin svn build not all gecko codes work. Sad
(09-05-2010, 02:02 AM)kidaware Wrote: [ -> ]the values found with cheat engine will not work anymore the next time you run dolphin.

This is true. But you can use the new cheat search function, which generates Action Replay codes. There's no need to use CheatEngine anymore, I've updated the original post to reflect this.

Use the new Cheat Search function instead. It's MUCH faster and MUCH less painless. Plus, you can save the codes you find Big Grin
(06-19-2010, 08:59 PM)avindra Wrote: [ -> ]Open the Cheat Search
This is found in Tools > Cheats Manager. Then go to the Cheat Search tab.

I don't see an option for "Cheats Manager" in the tools menu.

[Image: tools.jpg]

btw, I'm running Dolphin 2.0, just downloaded today.
there are more recent builds on this forum.
the recent builds has the option.
Yes. This is for the latest development version. The stable versions, imo, are not worth using right now. A new stable should be released soon.

You can download daily / hourly / whateverly builds here:

http://www.dolphin-emu.org/download.html
im having basara 3 and none of the gecko codes work Sad
I'm clicking "new scan" but it says "Count: 33554432 (too many to display" so I can't move on.

Help?
@hungry man:

Read the tutorial again. One search is never enough. You need to narrow it down per the techniques I describe.
I can't get it to work on radiant dawn

it finds the codes and narrows it down to 1 but when i activate them it doesnt do anything
"it finds the codes and narrows it down to 1 but when i activate them it doesnt do anything"

Make sure you're not doing Hex mode, and if all else fails, write down the code, stop the game, manually enter it in the config, and then enable it.

The current Cheat Window is pretty buggy in terms of saving codes automatically.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6