Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Will my new built computer be able to handle Dolphin properly?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hello all. As you can see I have a terrible PC.
So... if I'm lucky I can get a new one soon, and this is where I'm aiming @:

The specs are (self built PC)
AMD Phenom X3 8250 1.9 GHZ; (Aiming to OC it)
3 GB DDR2 667 MHZ;
ATI HD3450 HDMI 1 GB HyperMemory or nVidia 9400GT 1024 MB
(Which GPU should I choose?)
I'll be running this with Windows XP SP3 (fresh)
Don't think this is important but motherboard is Biostar.

Should I be able to reach decent speeds, let's say games like SSBB and Twilight Princess (not aiming at 100% speed but let's say...78%)?
& They're PAL version (Europe), I heard that also affects FPS?

Thanks in advance.
Twilight Princess is a heavy game Wink
But I don't know to what speed you're aiming to OC, because 1.9 GHz is very low tbh...

I think you'll get something like 50% in SSBB. (Just a guess Tongue).
Even with my specs I can only get 20-30 FPS ingame(opengl) in Twilight Princess,may be you will get 5-10 FPS with that spec
The NVIDIA GPU I think would be better, I know the older ATI models like the 3xxx don't seem to perform well especially OpenGL. The Phenom might doable for Dolphin, since Dolphin performs ok at 2.0Ghz, mainly Dual Core is what helps performance. Zelda TP lags in many areas due to some regressions in the graphics steam parsing code. ZTP loads the GPU with so many Display lists of big vertex arrays, Dolphin shows down so much from reading those arrays every frame, from what I figured.
yeah, you might not get the speeds you expect to get with that pc..................
To be honest no, not even close, the Phenom I's are bad at overclocking, too.
Ah, okay, really gratify the help.
What about...
AMD Triple Core AM X3 425 A.K.A AMD ATHLON II X3
2 GB DDR3 1066 MHZ
(Same GPU's as above)
This is better?
Let me give you a base reference off my system.
My e8500 @ 4.3ghz and a 8800 512gts can just run these games with 1680x1050 at decent to full speed. Which means my system doesn't even do a constant full speed all the time. Your cpu is weak and don't expect too much of a oc out of that and your gpu just won't cut it. I don't know what your tolerance is to bearable performance but I can't game if it's a near or full speed.
Do you know the exact mainboard of your new system? Maybe it's possible to get a Phenom II X4 on it. They're cheap to obtain on eBay and doing well up to 4 GHz sometimes.
I think that the videocards you mentioned are a little weak for Dolphin.
(06-13-2010, 09:47 PM)edgartheface Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know the exact mainboard of your new system? Maybe it's possible to get a Phenom II X4 on it. They're cheap to obtain on eBay and doing well up to 4 GHz sometimes.
I think that the videocards you mentioned are a little weak for Dolphin.

The motherboard is going to be ECS MCP61M-M3.
And yes, I think they fit?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5