Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: When will the emulator support DX11??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
OH CRAPZORZ THIS POST IS SO FULL OF SPAMZ

not
Dial up forbade me from clicks on teh link
Oshit, it's a Dolphin developer.

J/K

Hey NeoBrainX, just wondering if this is actually for real or if it's just a prank? DX10 and DX11 support would truly be welcome due to the limitations of the DX9 API that causes the issues with some game because of the lack of logic blending. If this is an actual project, it doesn't need to be a separate project or plugin, just incorporate it into the existing DirectX plugin as a selectable backend.

By the way I can't watch videos due to my slow internet connection, so if there is some joke in the video I am missing, you'll know why I typed the above out. Tongue
It's real. The video shows off the functionality of the (separate) DX11 plugin, which is quite mature already. Not perfect and still many bugs, but it can run many games already. I didn't integrate the new functionality into the DX9 plugin as a) the two APIs differ too much b) I wanted to create a cleaner plugin c) this actually started off as a "hey guys, I'll code a DX11 plugin, but don't expect any success; I'll prolly screw this project tomorrow" idea.
What's up with DX10?
Nice, hopefully you might be able to get other developers to help with it as well. This would actually be quite nice to see for Dolphin, DX10 for Gsdx in Pcsx2 actually has some nice benefits over DX9, and is actually faster than DX9 for Pcsx2. Perhaps DX10 and DX11 support might offer some kind of benefit over DX9 for Dolphin as well in the future.
DX10 is supported as well Wink
Maybe even DX9.
DX11 is backwards compatible as long as we don't use any of the "new" features, and we don't need those for Dolphin anyway Tongue

About possible benefits over DX9: Cleaner codebase, POSSIBLE speedup (wouldn't count on it, right now the plugin is 25% slower than DX9), support for some vertex declarations which were unsupported by DX9, supposedly support for logic blending (no idea whether that's possible in dx11), ...
Generally speaking, DX11 is a much cleaner API to work with than DX9, which is a big plus as well Wink
lol how do they mean its a joke its real deal cuz i made the video lol
Good, my laptop DX limit is DX10 and I'd like to be able to take advantage of this if and when it gets done.

If you need anyone to test DX10 you let me know. Join irc. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4