Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Do these 3 gamecube work yet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Last time I got the emulator I wanted to play these 3 games:

Eternal Darkness
Resident Evil (Game Cube Remake)
Resident Evil: Zero

about 6 months ago I saw about 5 compatibility lists that said these 3 games play 100% or just about 100% near perfect. So I got a hold of this emulator and tried it out, and I don't know how any of these games got on any compatibilty list when none of these games were even close to remotely working properly!

Both Resident Evil and Resident Evil Zero disk one lag so bad I get about 3-5 frames per second in both and it goes in slow motion and eternal darkness I cannot even get to show up at all.

And please don't bother trying to say it's my computer either
I have the following specs:
i7 @ 2.8ghz 8MB Cache (Stock) not Overclocked)
4 GB GDDR3 RAM
GTX 260

I tried every combination possible to get these to run properly and they simply don't work properly or at all.

So I was just wondering if these games finally work yet or should I just give up because I don't want to waste my time attempting this if they are still not working properly. Now if anyone has gotten them working I would like to know how.

I want the exact configuration on the emulator that was used and I mean everything that was checked off, selected, what drivers/plug-ins I want every small checkmark laid out.

Thanks in advance!
Eternal Darkness does not work and never has, ever. The other two work well. Resident Evil The Remake runs much faster than 0 does in most cases.
Quote:The other two work well.

How do you figure that Resident Evil and Resident Evil zero running at 3-5 FPS is considrered working well, you cannot even play a game when it runs that slow

I ran into this same problem last time when I brought this up with people saying it runs and never posting any actual configurations in the emulator, and then only continued saying it worked. However this was attempted on an older version of the emulator, so I'm going to try this again, with the 2.0 version of the Dolphin. I will post back my findings ina little whiel I have to dig oout my disks and tools and try this again.
I understand that you're having problems with these games. The reason that I didn't post any information is that quite frankly I don't have the time to help you other than to say that they work fine. Maybe if you do some reading on this forum you'll soon find out the proper settings to use that will allow you to find out for yourself that they do indeed work and work well. Either that or someone else will come along and just force feed you the information that you desire, but it will not be me.

See my laptop specs in my signature, I get full speed in RE the remake 90% of the time. That is all I have to offer you in the way of help at this time. Look for the information yourself and help yourself. You're not the first person to come to this forum and ask questions about some games not working or that they are running slow, so I have no doubt that if you just spend 30 minutes reading the sticky threads or threads that have to do with the games in question that you'll find your answers.
(06-08-2010, 10:22 AM)[SS] Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Laptop:
CPU: AMD Athlon II Dual-Core M300, 2.0 GHz
GPU: ATI Radeon Mobility HD 4200, 256MB
RAM: 4GB Samsung Dual-Channel DDR2

Desktop:
CPU: Single-Core AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 2.4 GHz
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 3650, 1GB DDR2
RAM: 1GB DDR

Ok if yours runs it almost perfect then my i7 will run it flawlessly, sound included. I am going to post back and explain my findings

But I still don't see how it is possible you are runing RE or RE Zero with those listed specs, when this desktop only got 3-5 FPS and not too mention no sound
CPU: AMD Athlon 5600+, 2.8 Ghz
GPU: Nvidia 9800 GTX+ 512 MB GDDR3
RAM 3GB DRR

No offense I highly doubt you are even able to launch the game at all never mind play it.

but as I said I was using an older version of the dolphin but now I have the 2.0 version of the Dolphin and my i7 set up.

So I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say it was the version of the meulator I had and try this new one.

I hope for the sake of the board this works.
[Image: 16208347.th.png]
Here is one more with some AA.

[Image: 36327665.th.png]
Wow 3 - 5 FPS sounds like you are trying to play using interpreter mode, try using JIT instead if you aren't already. Also, use the 64-bit build of Dolphin if you have a 64-bit operating system, in most cases the 64-bit build will generally be faster than the 32-bit builds. Since as you have a Core i7, disable hyper-threading when using Dolphin, hyper-threading has been reported to cause severe slowdowns with Dolphin and needless to say Dolphin doesn't cope well with hyper-threading.

As for decent setting to get the best performance out of Dolphin with Resident Evil: Remake and Resident Evil: Zero, the best settings to use should be listed in the official Resident Evil thread in the game discussion section:

http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-3846.html

As Starscream mentioned, Eternal Darkness doesn't work yet, for more information as to why it doesn't work, you can read through the following thread or at least skip to the last few pages or so:

http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-7526.html

Needless to say, don't expect Eternal Darkness to be compatible any time soon, the issue is very complex and difficult to fix. Skid is working on fixing the issue that is causing this game and other games not to work, I'm exactly not sure of his progress so far, but it's been over a month now..
I Just tried Resident Evil about 2 min ago and it does not even launch all it does is show the title a black screen and does not move.

Start with this:
[Image: LO4fp.jpg]

Then it goes to this:
[Image: YLUE2.jpg]

Then it never leaves this screen ever:
[Image: ug5o9.jpg]

tired all the plug-ins all the settings everything and now I have the proof right in front of me. plain and simple the Game doesn't work

So I don't want to read about how anyone says it works.

Either Post actual configuration screenshots ortherwise do not bother trying to reply with comments saying you got this working

Proof or it didn't happen.

Also the settings for RE ZERO game CUBE are not even in this thread
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-3846.html

I'm not getting into this with people.
You're doing something majorly wrong or the games you're using are corrupt. I have a better idea, why don't you post all of your settings with some screen shots and then maybe we can see what it is you're doing wrong.
Okay, force feeding time. Use these settings, all of them. Update your directx runtime if you haven't already. Don't use the OGL video plugin.
http://www.dolphin-emu.org/performance.html
(06-08-2010, 11:41 AM)[SS] Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]You're doing something majorly wrong or the games you're using are corrupt.

If it's majorly wrong then that's the fault of the people who make the emulator and never explain how to configure it.

Anyway Here you go:
[Image: RnE1x.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4