Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Overlord - BackPatch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello, so I tried another one of my games: "Overlord: Dark Legends" PAL.

It worked out pretty well at the beginning but when I came to my throne room and run over to the blue glowing sphere the game crashes, throwing several error messages at me.

"BackPatch: Currently only supporting reads".

So I checked the forum for this error message and did the following.

I tried the TLB Hack and deactivated the Panic Handlers. Actually I tried everything I could think of but it didn't work. I used Revision 5613 and tried about three other revisions from 5000-5613.

A screenshot of the reproducable crash is attached.

EDIT: I just noticed I posted this into the wrong place, sorry about that!
So does nobody else own this game to give it a try?
I might enable TLB Hack again today and start the game over from the beginning. In another thread referring to Lugis mansion I heared that this helped but I assume people there were talking about the save state from Dolphine and not the original ones from the game.

If someone could move my thread over to the "game discussion" section I would be happy to Smile
Starting over again with TLB hack on didn't help. I also tried a very old Revison "3949" and it didn't work. I found out now that the error occurs everytime I try to look at the Map. Bring up the Menu with "1" and click at the "Map-Tab". Maybe this helps to track it down in the future. For now it is not playable, to bad :/
did u checked for cheats maybe??
i mean do u have any active or Inactive cheats in ONFRAME maybe?
they are 100% reason for such problem.
even if unchecked on frame codes do that,example is resident evil remake almost at the end of game it happens when walking trough one door,removing cheat fixes problem.
also for me i had to use previous save as well,the original save got damaged with same issue.
No i didn't touch anything related to CheatCodes :/

I got my hands on Revision 3509 and there it works but the rest of the game doesn't work because it crashes random very quickly.
Would it be possible for you to retest using the latest revision from svn and turn on the Interpreter mode? It will obviously be slow. Let us know if it works and report it in this issue:

http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/iss...il?id=1297
Revision 5631, Interpreter Mode.

First, with the new revision I can't see the menue I bring up with "1" anymore... not sure which revision broke it yet. Furthemore I get different errors now.

First I get some READ/WRITE Exception, an OPCODE Error and a "DSI exception in lvm".

The READ/WRITE and the DSI Exception appear in a circle, meaning clicking them away brings up the same errors over and over again.

I attached some screenshots.

EDIT: What do you mean by reporting this issue? Should I copy past the lines "What steps will reproduce the problem?" and so on and fill them with my issue? I would hate to mess up something there.
Thanks for this. You've provided enough information already. The fault is in the CPU core part of the emulator and probably the MMU. I'll keep this game in mind when I look into these issues.
Thanks a lot and good luck tracking it down, I'd love to play it on my computer Smile
Hello, I started playing this game too. I configured it correctly and its working really nice. But there are two problems.
1. There are missing letters in subtitles, main menu and interface.
2. During the game, when I want to see location on the map (button 2 on Wiimote or interface's bookmark on screen) the game crashes, throwing several warnings messages:
-BackPatch : currently only suporting reads.
Attempted to write to 524f41ac.
-Backpatch wrtite - not trough EAX.
This map interface is indispensable to complete the game.
What am I doing wrong? Could you please help me? I'd love to play it Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4