Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Error in opengl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there. i'm using the latest build of dolphin and my specs are core 2 duo 2.53, 4 Gb Ram, HD2600 (O.S Win7 beta)
i'm getting the folowing error message in every game i try to boot:

"Can't create opengl renderer. You might be missing some required opengl extensions, .."

What's causing the error? is it because Win7? how can i fix this..

thank's

LuisR14

make sure you have your drivers updated Smile
(04-27-2009, 07:40 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: [ -> ]make sure you have your drivers updated Smile

i'm sure.. i've installed the latest build of win7, and win7 updates all the drivers..

LuisR14

check to see that the driver doesn't say "(prerelease WDDM1.1)" in it Smile
(04-27-2009, 08:01 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: [ -> ]check to see that the driver doesn't say "(prerelease WDDM1.1)" in it Smile

bahhhh... it say's.. can i get around that? it there anyway to play?

LuisR14

yes just downgrade to your vista drivers Smile
(04-27-2009, 08:04 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: [ -> ]yes just downgrade to your vista drivers Smile

if i do that the system will become unstable?

LuisR14

no Win7 supports vista's drivers Big Grin
darkzell, he has given you suggestions that you ignored, then told you what you needed to do and you question it. Maybe you should try it and find out.
(04-27-2009, 08:08 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]darkzell, he has given you suggestions that you ignored, then told you what you needed to do and you question it. Maybe you should try it and find out.

i have not ignored anything (the driver i have is the latest for MY system, but like he said i have to do a downgrade for dolphin to work), i'm simply putting simple questions like these, because i don't want to mess up my system.
Pages: 1 2