Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Error in opengl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

LuisR14

you should have no worries doing that (as i said Vista's drivers are compatible with Win7 Big Grin), and evisaged0ne it's ok i understand how he feels so no worries Big Grin
(04-27-2009, 08:15 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: [ -> ]you should have no worries doing that (as i said Vista's drivers are compatible with Win7 Big Grin), and evisaged0ne it's ok i understand how he feels so no worries Big Grin

Everyone one knows how beta systems works, one minor change is enough to the system becomes unstable.. that was my only concern, and i didn't want to question anyone. i was only trying to be certain.

thank's for all your help!
And you thought he didn't know what he was talking about when he suggested the Vista drivers? That he was giving a suggestion that would crash your computer? Did you know that Win7 is basically just an upgrade to Vista. Still uses the same Kernel. And often, WDDM are not the best drivers to use. These are things you should look into if you want to be educated on it. With your question, did you expect him to say "oh yeah, you're right, I told you to do something that was going to crash your system. Good call!"? My basic point is, if you ask a question and are given advice, esp from someone that has the rep points he has and the # of posts, you should trust it. And if you don't, then research it yourself to become self educated on these things.

*EDIT* I understand too. Don't get me wrong. I just wish people would do more research on things themselves. Esp if they question the advice that's given. But hey, maybe I'm to used to management and expecting people to do there own research and I bring it here to often.

LuisR14

(04-27-2009, 08:18 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]And often, WDDM are not the best drivers to use.
well it's not really that, it's that the pre-release drivers for Windows 7 only support OpenGL 1.1 Smile (since they're experimental Tongue, and that is why i give those suggestions Big Grin)
Yeap, and that's why I said not best ones to use. At least in my experience, most WDDM drivers don't have the full support required by high compatibility programs, or they're not tweaked to give smooth, fast performance, and it's often best to upgrade or change them.
(04-27-2009, 08:18 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]And you thought he didn't know what he was talking about when he suggested the Vista drivers? That he was giving a suggestion that would crash your computer? Did you know that Win7 is basically just an upgrade to Vista. Still uses the same Kernel. And often, WDDM are not the best drivers to use. These are things you should look into if you want to be educated on it. With your question, did you expect him to say "oh yeah, you're right, I told you to do something that was going to crash your system. Good call!"? My basic point is, if you ask a question and are given advice, esp from someone that has the rep points he has and the # of posts, you should trust it. And if you don't, then research it yourself to become self educated on these things.

as you wish.. i don't want to argue with you..
thank's a lot!! it's working!! LuisR14 you're the man!!
Pages: 1 2