Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Flickering in full screen mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi. when i start a game in dolphin it works fine windowed but when i alt+tab to make it full screen it flickers.. i read that sometimes this happens with ati cards but is there any solution?? my card is ati msi 5650 1gb ddr5.

i was looking for a way to try to just run dolphin to automatically start in full screen, but i couldnt find this option. duno if that would help but is there anywhere to turn that on? i cant seem to find it in config

thnx
Right-click on the game ,choose "use XFB"(native resolution)
(05-15-2010, 04:11 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Right-click on the game ,choose "use XFB"(native resolution)

don't do this, not for this issue.

inflikkt, start your game in full screen mode rather than switching to it from windowed, it should not happen anymore. the option is right there in the gfx settings.
Unless you're using a newer revision, then the option is in the first screen of the general configuration.
k yeah i found the start in fullscreen but it still seems to flicker, any other ideas? hm, also in zelda:twilight princess, the intro seems to run fine and the name creation stuff but after that it slows to like -10frames per second and doesnt seem to work
post your dolphin version, computer specs and configs/settings in dolphin so that troubleshooting is possible.

g3oRg3

(05-15-2010, 04:08 PM)inflikkt Wrote: [ -> ]hi.  when i start a game in dolphin it works fine windowed but when i alt+tab to make it full screen it flickers.. i read that sometimes this happens with ati cards but is there any solution??  my card is ati msi 5650 1gb ddr5.  

i was looking for a way to try to just run dolphin to automatically start in full screen, but i couldnt find this option.  duno if that would help but is there anywhere to turn that on? i cant seem to find it in config

thnx

Hey Dude, In my experience with that problem I simply exit TeamViewer. I find team viewer has issue with full screen with multiple games so anytime full screen is your problem first exit team viewer.

Peace.
Please read our forum rules.

Quote:Necroposting: Do not revive a discussion older than 6 months unless your post adds something meaningful or otherwise contributes to the thread. Please create a new thread about your subject instead. Threads violating this rule will be closed. Stickied threads, Game Discussion threads, and HD Texture threads are exempt, however, and users can freely post there regardless of how old the topics are.