Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [PC]Overclocking Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Welcome to the overclock thread.

[Image: warning.jpg]
[color=#FF0000]WARNING!
OVERCLOCK YOUR CPU CAN DAMAGE YOUR SYSTEM.
IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO IT GOOD.
DON'T EVEN START TO DO IT.
IM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DAMAGE YOU MAKE![/color]

Post here you're overclocking results and all about it!
But only post valid overclock results.
How to make it valid.
Validate with CPU-Z is the only way.
If you want to download CPU-Z click here.

Ok also make clear its a [color=#32CD32]Stable[/color] or [color=#FF0000]Unstable[/color] overclock.
Just post it like this.

[color=#32CD32]Stable[/color]
Link to CPU-Z validation page.

[color=#FF0000]Unstable[/color]
Link to CPU-Z validation page.

Overclock Software.
AMD Overdrive (ONLY AMD CPUs)
ClockGEN (Only for old pc,s)
Intel® Desktop Boards (ONLY INTEL CPUs)
Asus AI Booster
MSI Control Center
Gigabyte EasyTune 6

More info coming soon!
Have fun with overclocking!
My sig. Stable.
Tweaking my bios to get back up to 3.5ghz.. Just installed a new PSU (OLD one has scared me for years as its a chinese no name pos known as Broadcom... Been 4 years so time to get rid of it)

[Image: 1163202.png]
(05-03-2010, 01:56 AM)jedikevin20 Wrote: [ -> ]Tweaking my bios to get back up to 3.5ghz.. Just installed a new PSU (OLD one has scared me for years as its a chinese no name pos known as Broadcom... Been 4 years so time to get rid of it)

[Image: 1163202.png]

hehe my stock speed is 3.4Ghz really AMD is cool xD
Yap amd is nice but I got this e7400 from my school year and a half back for 50 dollars. (I loved working for a schools computer department). Just been enjoying it since.
the new x6 phenom look very impresive to oc my 965 phenom 2 x4 ride at 3.9 when oc no pb but i saw on liquid 7040 mhz and it playing need from speed shift it was very nice amd can go under -190C is very nice if you are crazy in oc

but the phenom 2 x6 1055t clock 2.8 can go easy to 4.0ghz
for the price it cost this cpu it very great and is big brother 1090t go up to 4.5 on air cooling
(05-03-2010, 08:33 AM)jontcold Wrote: [ -> ]the new x6 phenom look very impresive to oc my 965 phenom 2 x4 ride at 3.9 when oc no pb but i saw on liquid 7040 mhz and it playing need from speed shift it was very nice amd can go under -190C is very nice if you are crazy in oc

for the price it cost this cpu it very great and is big brother 1090t go up to 4.5 on air cooling

just one think i dont understand you said dont overclock if you havent do it but the first time you oveclock you never have do before you should say do it under advice overclock is not so hard a not a expert in pc and i do oc just to go on forum and make test after all oc
(05-03-2010, 08:52 PM)jontcold Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-03-2010, 08:33 AM)jontcold Wrote: [ -> ]the new x6 phenom look very impresive to oc my 965 phenom 2 x4 ride at 3.9 when oc no pb but i saw on liquid 7040 mhz and it playing need from speed shift it was very nice amd can go under -190C is very nice if you are crazy in oc

just one think i dont understand you said dont overclock if you havent do it but the first time you oveclock you never have do before you should say do it under advice overclock is not so hard a not a expert in pc and i do oc just to go on forum and make test after all oc

Not making fun of anyone here but can someone translate this for me i have no clue what he/she is trying to say.
I understand that no one get what jontcold says XD.

He basicly says that the new AMD series cpu have a better overclock rate and that is true.
The new AMD cpu will be more powerfull and you can clock it more.
Im also happy with that cuz im planing to buy the fastest six core of AMD.
But not now im wait till AMD release 40nm* cpu,s.
(*40mn is the Die size how smaller the Die size is how faster the cpu is)
I hope AMD release 40nm cpu,s anyway lol.
The next step of shrinking process will be 32nm afaik, so you'll never get that cpu. Tongue

Also chances are it'll be incompatible with any AM2/+/3 board since it's a whole new architecture.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5