Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Thinking of buying a Wii controller
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am very newbish when it comes to Wii accessories so this is why this post was made, even though I'm sure it was already answered a million times, so apologies in advance.

So, since a few games that I was interested in work on my emulator, I was thinking of buying an actual controller. They aren't too expensive(The Wiimote is all I need, right?), but before actually doing that, just a few questions, mainly about compatibility with the PC. Meaning, what do I have to look out for to see if it will work on my PC or not, what sort of a port is needed or something?

I am sure there will be more questions(if the thread is not locked/deleted before), but this for now.

Thanks.
Wiimotes use bluetooth for communication, so you only need to get a USB Bluetooth dongle.
(04-26-2010, 11:02 PM)omegadox Wrote: [ -> ]Wiimotes use bluetooth for communication, so you only need to get a USB Bluetooth dongle.

Could you elaborate, if I were to go into the shop today, what exactly do I need to make it all work, and approximate prices of it?

I would have to ask for a Wii controller I suppose, and what, an Bluetooth USB??
things you need:

1. USB Bluetooth Dongle. they are cheap these days. $5 a piece i think.
2. WiiMote sensor or the 2 Candle trick.

and if you could spare some more money, get the Nunchuck as well as some games requires it. Super Mario Galaxy for example.
Fun fact: A "full" controller cost the same as the wii itselfTongue

Wiimote ($40) + Nunchuck ($20) + motion+ ($20) + classic controller ($40) = $120

Wii ($200) - Wiimote ($40) - Nunchuck ($20) - Wiisports ($20) = $120

You don't need all those extensions though

I googled US prices for these, (- wiisports), where I live the full controller cost even more compared to the wii, so no arguing plz
That's the worst logic I ever saw.

A full controller is the Wiimote + Nunchuck, which is 60 if you buy it New and from Nintendo.

A Wii is 200, so subtracting the Wiimote and the Nunchuck brings you to 140. Wiisports is not technically for sale New, so you can't add that in without allowing for used sales. And if you allow for used sales, the price of everything goes crazy.
(04-27-2010, 01:24 AM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]Fun fact: A "full" controller cost the same as the wii itselfTongue

Wiimote ($40) + Nunchuck ($20) + motion+ ($20) + classic controller ($40) = $120

Wii ($200) - Wiimote ($40) - Nunchuck ($20) - Wiisports ($20) = $120

You don't need all those extensions though

I googled US prices for these, (- wiisports), where I live the full controller cost even more compared to the wii, so no arguing plz

Funny fun fact thing: I got my wii for 120$ on the same week Wii came out on also new Big Grin
(04-27-2010, 12:51 AM)AmienZero Wrote: [ -> ]things you need:

1. USB Bluetooth Dongle. they are cheap these days. $5 a piece i think.
2. WiiMote sensor or the 2 Candle trick.

and if you could spare some more money, get the Nunchuck as well as some games requires it. Super Mario Galaxy for example.

What's the 2 Candle trick/Wiimote sensor?

I got the Bluetooth dongle today. My friend's got the nunchuck/controller combination and in case this works favorably, I might dish out for the actual stuff, hell even two for multiplay(used of course).
just get a nyko wand. I like it a lot more than the stock wiimote.

jeffdacosta

Very interesting info, thanks dude!!!
Pages: 1 2 3