Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Good PC specs, NON constant speeds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello,

I've been admiring the devs all over the place for creating such an awesome project, however a question Dawns on me. my specs are like so:

Windows 7 32 bit
2 gigabytes DDR 800 ram (underclocked to 637 due to multiplier increase),
Quad Core Qx6800 2.93ghz (OCed to 3.30 ghz)
BFG Geforce GTX 260 (driver 197.13)
750W corsair PSU
awesome hard drives 7200 rpm each
cool fans...probably like 4 or something
totally sick keyboard and 2 wireless mice(one for each hand, though impossible to make 2 cursors appear on the same screen simultaneously)
a chair

Despite all of these specs, I cannot get Super Smash bros melee to run at constant 60 FPS...it goes from like...45-55 at most..if i'm asking for much please shut me up lol...i'm using openGL plugin...or better yet...what could possibly be the best settings in response to the rig I have =(...any help would be ultimately appreciated!
What are your current settings, I may be able to help if You would tell us
(04-20-2010, 10:44 AM)ExtremeYoshiFan Wrote: [ -> ]What are your current settings, I may be able to help if You would tell us

Using Dolphin rv 2.0
Frame limit = off
Dual Core = on
Idle Skipping = on
using the (recommended) recompiler setting..the top of the list forgot what it's named though...at work =(
Lock cores to thread = on.
everything else unchecked
use RealXFB = hella off

OpenGL plugin used
native was tested checked and unchecked
setting 640 x 480 both windowed and full screen
copy efb to texture hack is enabled...NOT the ram one for OpenGL
Safe texture = on (normal)

Sound disabled (wanted to add my own sound effects..dunno why)
Hope this helps =)
try dxplugin more faster
[attachment=3083]
(04-20-2010, 11:10 AM)jontcold Wrote: [ -> ]try dxplugin more faster

[attachment=3082]
Yeah that's good (I would uncheck panic handlers)
Same here!

i3 540
4 GB DDR3
Geforce 1GB

Try all configs...
okay, i'm going to disable panic handlers tonight...i'm HOPING that will make SSBM explode to 60 fps constant lol...i'm also curious if it's okay to mention pcsx2 here...

cmccmc

it's okay if it's somehow related
to the topic
holy crap...I fixed it guys!! What i've done was switch the settings from JIT recompiler (recommended), to JitIL experimental recompiler. It shot the game up from 45-55 fps to 90FPS 1920 x 1080!!!!!...could someone please tell me how this is possible...or what the difference is between the two??...this is MADDENING AWESOMENESS!!
Pages: 1 2 3