Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Good PC specs, NON constant speeds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
You switched to DX9 plugin which is more likely, also framelimit on off or auto would provide stable gameplay. Yes dolphin can play any game just fine on 1080p resolution.

Use same resolution in game as in desktop. Don't use OpenGL. Panic handlers doesn't affect speed, it will just show the error message if you crash or encounter errors. Copy EFB to texture. With those settings you would already get full fps
guess he didn't get any results like that. wow, never thought JIt and JItIL were such a big difference for some people. weird. i barely have any differences
(04-21-2010, 01:56 PM)bananaclawz Wrote: [ -> ]holy crap...I fixed it guys!! What i've done was switch the settings from JIT recompiler (recommended), to JitIL experimental recompiler. It shot the game up from 45-55 fps to 90FPS 1920 x 1080!!!!!...could someone please tell me how this is possible...or what the difference is between the two??...this is MADDENING AWESOMENESS!!

Lucky you...JitIL, make no big diference for me...
hmm i'm not sure...could it perhaps be due to a quad core processor with an unlocked multiplier?...haha I have no idea. But after playing, the game still has the lowest FPS in mute city with 45-55fps, other stages 55-90fps depending on the match and items on screen. However adventure mode is 70-90fps and menu's are 400fps lol...when with recommended JTL setting, I only got 55fps in menu's, and 45-55fps ingame.

Also to relate, but divert the topic, some guy in the ngemu forums said he was able to set his AFFINITY to 3 and 4 for his quad core to get higher FPS...what in the H#LL does that mean?...here is the script:

"Also, it seems like Dolhpin is actually using more than 2 cores. When I limited the affinity to two of my cores, my fps dropped, increasing it to 3 then to 4 increased my performance."

--I just want to make sure i'm not losing my mind lol, and that he's not making ANY sense..getting the highest FPS for my quad core possible atm.

I thank you guys!!
he means locking the cores in the bios or somthing. if he locked 2 cores, dolphin ran slower. but this is a result of having BG programs running on a third core, thus not disturbing the 2 cores used for emulation. look at the benchmarking dolphin thread, i think last page. there's a guy who has same results as the one in ngemu.
but you probably have all activated if u haven't touched anything wrong in bios.
Okay I see...too bad we cannot use an application that'll give each core modified properties...if that made sense...for example, make core 1 and 4 for emulator, 2 for applications themselves, and 3 for the OS handling...

My asus motherboard DID require some bios changes...for example, there's a smart AND stupid feature that forces you to save power by dipping the multiplier to 6 (1.5ghz dual core) if IT feels you are using too much power..MID gaming mind you. I think it's called TM function and EIST/C1E...how dare my motherboard make decisions for me!

Ender018

the set affinity that you said that guy was talking about when you open up your process manager with ctrl+alt+del you find the process that you want to set affinity for and right click on that process in this case being Dolphin.exe and you select set Affinity and you select what core or cores you want to run that particular program.
when i read such things as "omg i need to disable C1E/EIST to have my CPU run full power..." xD
sorry but it just hurts my braincells reading stuff like that... /me bites the table
Hey Flow what's up?...

lol did I say something noobish?...or is it just laughable to have the feature in general?

and why does SSBB play FASTER than SSBM?...or is it just me?
Okay, I have one more problem....SMG seems to run at 40fps in crowded areas (beginning of game)...and sometimes 60 in other locations...with:

DX9 plugin (same settings as SSBM)
quad core @ 1.4v, qx6800 set to 3.2ghz, fsb underclocked and multiplier increased.

Do you guys think the rate of FPS will increase for SMG overtime?...or based on my PC specs, should I be playing this game @ full speed?

(Specs are on VERY first...second or third post lol)
Pages: 1 2 3