Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Why so high??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

sparoc3

i downloaded dolphin and then it didn't run .....then i came to know that my cpu doesn't support opengl 2.1 ....so i can't play any GC games .....okay so my question is why a 2001 console which doesn't have why high graphics can't be run on my pc...well i do know my PC is pretty old here's the conf
pentium 4 3.00 Ghz HT
DDR ram 1 gb
and well no graphic card...SadSad
but i can play games on pcsx2(the ps2 emulator) and we all know that ps2's graphics are better than GC and i can play games naruto - 5 (2009) with avg 18-23 fps(pretty shitty but perfectly playable) so why question is just why does the emulator reuire such high conf...where as pcsx2 can run on a shitty pc(my pc!!!)...(just a question....)
Emulating a console is very processor intensive.
Dolphin is not complete yet. Performance may improve.
And I believe the GameCube has more powerful graphics and processing capabilities compared to the PS2.

sparoc3

(04-16-2010, 03:09 PM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]Emulating a console is very processor intensive.
Dolphin is not complete yet. Performance may improve.
And I believe the GameCube has more powerful graphics and processing capabilities compared to the PS2.
while i agree with your first point....
but PS2 is better than GC in every aspect......
(04-16-2010, 03:25 PM)sparoc3 Wrote: [ -> ]while i agree with your first point....
but PS2 is better than GC in every aspect......

:/ Go look at some numbers and/or screenshots.
in terms of consoles, yes, ps2 is better than gc
but...
in terms of emulators, dolphin is better than pcsx2
try some game for both consoles and ull c the difference

on-topic : update your directx, maybe u can find d3d9 instead of opengl

sparoc3

(04-16-2010, 04:54 PM)sasuketaichou Wrote: [ -> ]in terms of consoles, yes, ps2 is better than gc
but...
in terms of emulators, dolphin is better than pcsx2
try some game for both consoles and ull c the difference

on-topic : update your directx, maybe u can find d3d9 instead of opengl
no man my direct-x is latest as posted in the first post MY PC IS CRAPPY and it doesn't support opengl 2.1 so there is no way i can run dolphin...(min req- opengl 2.1 and above) so bad luck for me that i can't run dolphin ...thanks anyways for answering...
opengl and directx are totally different things, your Graphics adapter (integrated in this case) does not support opengl 2.1, but you can use direct3d as a graphics output in dolphin by choosing the direct x pluggin.

but integrated always have buggy graphics plus your cpu is too slow for dolphin. (in my experience)

sparoc3

(04-16-2010, 05:43 PM)Apostacious Wrote: [ -> ]opengl and directx are totally different things, your Graphics adapter (integrated in this case) does not support opengl 2.1, but you can use direct3d as a graphics output in dolphin by choosing the direct x pluggin.

but integrated always have buggy graphics plus your cpu is too slow for dolphin. (in my experience)
ya i was a noob and didn't knew that...but even with that the speed is preetty slow....and end of the discussion ....Inference:" I'm a owner of extremely slow pc"SadSadSad thanks everyone for your answersSmileSmile
The question shouldn't be "why so high", but rather"why so ridiculous" as in you're being ridiculous in your entire thread and not knowing anything about what you're talking about.

How exactly is the PS2 better than the GC? The GC has a faster processor and the GC's graphics are much better than the PS2's. So please, rather than just making up some random comments, put some thought into it and explain how exactly you came up with the "fact" that the PS2 is better than the GC, sparoc3.

Also, when you say you can use PCSX2, you must mean at 5fps, right? We all know there is no way your PC can play anything well.

It's like there are a bunch of retarded 14 year old clones out there all headed this way.
(04-16-2010, 02:50 PM)sparoc3 Wrote: [ -> ]i downloaded dolphin and then it didn't run .....then i came to know that my cpu doesn't support opengl 2.1 ....so i can't play any GC games .....okay so my question is why a 2001 console which doesn't have why high graphics can't be run on my pc...well i do know my PC is pretty old here's the conf
pentium 4 3.00 Ghz HT
DDR ram 1 gb
and well no graphic card...:(:(
but i can play games on pcsx2(the ps2 emulator) and we all know that ps2's graphics are better than GC and i can play games naruto - 5 (2009) with avg 18-23 fps(pretty shitty but perfectly playable) so why question is just why does the emulator reuire such high conf...where as pcsx2 can run on a shitty pc(my pc!!!)...(just a question....)

Update your direct x
Carefully contemplate on your next post, before its taken the wrong way.
If you are still unable to use the emulator, there isn't hope for you yet.
No graphics card??? Get Malwarebytes
Finally, Ignore Starscream
Pages: 1 2 3