Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: No saving, Runtime error when trying to Load game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I've looked this up for hours but can't find anything... I can't save, it says it saves but nothing appears anywhere and when I try to load the game, it gives me a runtime error and shuts the emulator. Any ideas? Thanks.

I'm playing New Super Mario and it's the only game I have so I can't do other tests. Running a tweaked version of Windows 2003 32bit, latest directx9c and everything is up to date in my opinion... Everything else works fine but I can't save so it's no point in playing...

Thanks for the help !
Well I finally found a build with save working... In build 4771 I can save and load... Any ideas why all the other builds wouldnt work? Ive tried 3 or 4 other builds such as 4812, 5363 and 2.0 and neither worked...
Update : I tried a bunch of other builds, and the only one I had luck so far is 4771. It's unfortunate because it runs a bit slower then 4812. I tried 4798 and 5372 and they both give me a runtime error when I load a game... So somewhere in between 4771 and 4798 something happenned and It doesnt work anymore for. Will try to find out which one and let you know. If anyone knows anything that can help me let me know ! Also, if you know of any build previous of 4771 that is faster also let me know. Thanks !
Hello again,

after more testing with 4771, just realised that I can save but when I load I cannot move or press any buttons. So it makes pretty useless saves... Is there anybody that can help me?

Cheers.
Bump... Noone has any idea what could be causing this, is this the first time it happens? I really wish I could use later builds with the ability to save... Any way to modify maybe to fix what was wrong with the saving such as replacing some files ?
Do you mean save states? They're very unreliable atm and may crash at random spots. Use latest revisions around 5300.
Yeah Ive tried revisions 5363, 5372 and 4798 and 4812. All of them crash if I try loading any save state. I save anywhere and as soon as I try to load it gives my a Runtime Error Visual C++ and closes the emulator. And in my opinion I've updated the c++ libraries but maybe I missed something?

With revision 4771 and 4781 I'm able to save and load but as soon as the state is loaded my controller doesn't work anymore. So basically it's useless there as well.

Also, revision 53xx are slower for me at the moment. The best one I've tried is 4812. 4771 and 4781 are slower then 4771 but faster then the 53xx.

Anyways thanks for the help, really the only thing I would wish for now is to be able to save and play New Super Mario Bros !

LuisR14

well the save state crash might be fixed in the latest rev
Nople still crashes to desktop everytime I try to load a game. So by the looks of it noone experienced that before?

LuisR14

yea i have experienced the savestate crash before (and it's pretty random for me)
Ok. Oh well its every time for me, no going around it. I guess I should be upgrading to windows 7 soon, well see if it works after that. Thanks.
Pages: 1 2