Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Comp specs (Help Please)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm pretty bad with computers so I don't know much about this, but could anyone tell me if my computer will run Dolphin? Here are my computer specs:

------------------
System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
System Manufacturer: Gateway
System Model: NV52 Series
Processor: AMD Athlon™ X2 Dual-Core QL-65 (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Display: ATI Raedon HD 3200 Graphics
I have the same PC, (almost, look in my sig). You should be able to play some games well, others, not so much. I have the NV53. The difference seems to be a slightly better video card and maybe a better processor for me.

Games that play well for me and should for you:

Mario Party 8 (Wii).

Any Mario Party for the Gamecube.

Zelda WW plays a bit better than Zelda TP. You're probably looking at 60-80% speed in those games.

Luigis Mansion (GC) plays well.

Mario Kart DD is about 60- 80% speed.

Mario Kart Wii is about 50-70% speed.

New Super Mario Brothers (Wii) should play very well. 80-100% speed.

Resident Evil the Remake (GC) plays excellent. 90-100% speed.

SSBB (Wii) plays pretty good.

Wii Sports plays near 70-90% speed.

This is all dependant on the right settings being used, too.

There are more games, but too many to list. This should get you started on games that you might want to start getting.
Do you think I might be able to run Soul Caliber 2 or Naruto Clash of Ninja 2? I'm not looking to run any Wii games just GC. Also, you don't have to type them up if you don't want to, but where can I find out how to set the emu up properly?
Setting up the emu. http://www.dolphin-emu.org/performance.html

I recommend using the RC1 Dolphin build or a build in the R4870 area for some games only. (64-bit)

Soul Calibur 2 plays at 70-90% speed for me. I don't know about Naruto games since I do not play them.

See how it goes and I can help you some more at a later time.
Thanks for your help. I'll try to get this to work and PM you to let you know how things went.
naruto clash of ninja 2 will run just fine
I'm hoping this isn't against the forum rules to ask this but here goes. . . . I downloaded the RC1 build like you said and ran it, but when I was following the tutorial it was telling me to use Dolphin Direct3D9 which isn't under the plugins list. It also doesn't have any plugins for pads. Where can I find these at? I tried googleing them, but the sites I found looked pretty sketchy to me so I thought it's be better to ask someone here that knows what they are doing.
I got your PM but I'll just post it here. You have to update your computers DirectX and then the plugins will show up and be usable. You do not have to download any other plugins as they are already there but will not show up on the list until your DirectX is updated.
I have DirectX 11. I didn't think there was anything higher than that. If there is I can't find it. :-(
just read the stickies , everything you need is explained there , from "how to setup dolphin" to "how to ask a question" !
Pages: 1 2