Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Super Smash Bros Brawl slow game play.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

mazzii

The game runs with occasional crashes and audio problems but generally it is smooth. The only problem is that everything in the emulator is about 30% slower than the actual game. The characters move slower and seems unresponsive. It is running at awround 27 FPS. I am using the settings that were found in a reputable post somewhere on the forum where he listed all the options.

My specs are:
Intel C2D E6600 2.40Ghz
3 Gig RAM
ATI HD 4870
24'' LCD

Anyway to fix to slowness? I've tried turning anti alias and other ones down but it did not improve speed.

Thanks.
Enable Optimize Quantiziers

mazzii

(04-21-2009, 09:55 PM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]Enable Optimize Quantiziers

Thanks. That fixed it. Now let's hope the crashes can be fixed too in later versions xD
sorry to up this old post but i have the same probleme as mazzi but when i enable optimize quantizers, the game doesn't run normaly, it's less fast with dolphin than it in the wii... I play with :

Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T9400 @ 2.53GHz
4096 Mo of Ram memory
NVIDIA GeForce 9700M GT
windows 64 bits
So i really want to know where is the probleme from.

Here is my setup

[Image: 68500474.jpg] [Image: 25321287.jpg]
[Image: 41307576.jpg] [Image: sanstitrewip.jpg]

And another question : where could i find something what tell me how import my wii save in dolphin emulator please?

Thank you to answer Smile
There are two issues here:
EFB swap problem + high Watchdog

Get an older rev like 3390.
you say that an older version is more compatibl with SSBB than mine? i find it amusing ...

So here are for windows 64 bits the 3661 and the 3404 rev. could i try with one of thoose one or not? => http://www.dolphin-emu.com/downloads.php?cat_id=4
Try both, though I always used 32xx revs for brawl since they are the fastest for me. >.>
Rev 3390 is right before the Watchdog change, which now makes characters go in slow motion in non-perfect framerates.
Rev 359x one of those introduced some new EFB/XFB handling methods.
If you can compile revisions, you might want to try 3548 with my watchdog config patch (allows you to set watchdog to a desired value for different games, Brawl uses 15 best, other games 60).
2902 is the fastest i have tried, also @ barrix post your settings of the config too not just opengl
Disregard me, the newest rev has something...
I'll try and come back here with results
Pages: 1 2 3