Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Intel Core i7 users ger full speed in dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
hi, i have intel core 2 quad Q6600 2.8 GHZ and i get 19 fps playing mario kart 4 simultaneous players, and 35-50 fps playing 1 single player.

my question is: can you intel i7 users run mario kart wii with 4 simultaneous players full fps?
and also other games?

because i will buy Intel Core i7 860 and 2GB 1333 ram and i want to know if it is a good buy for dolphin (the only reason i will buy it)
I have an i7 860 and it highly depends on the game at stock speed. Some games run at full speed, while others are still impossible to run at a respectful frame rate (Eledees, SMG on a few spots, to name a few). Overclocking the chip nets me a nice performance boost, but there are still games that are impossible to run at full speed. If you don't do any video editing or number crunching, Hypertreading is completely useless when using dolphin, save some money and buy a i5 750.
or get an amd phenom ii 965e at 3.4 ghz for a fraction of the price.
(03-25-2010, 06:38 AM)JADS Wrote: [ -> ]I have an i7 860 and it highly depends on the game at stock speed. Some games run at full speed, while others are still impossible to run at a respectful frame rate (Eledees, SMG on a few spots, to name a few). Overclocking the chip nets me a nice performance boost, but there are still games that are impossible to run at full speed. If you don't do any video editing or number crunching, Hypertreading is completely useless when using dolphin, save some money and buy a i5 750.

how many fps you get in this few spots of SMG? and all the rest of the game is full speed?
(03-25-2010, 06:55 AM)userpasswordpassport Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-25-2010, 06:38 AM)JADS Wrote: [ -> ]I have an i7 860 and it highly depends on the game at stock speed. Some games run at full speed, while others are still impossible to run at a respectful frame rate (Eledees, SMG on a few spots, to name a few). Overclocking the chip nets me a nice performance boost, but there are still games that are impossible to run at full speed. If you don't do any video editing or number crunching, Hypertreading is completely useless when using dolphin, save some money and buy a i5 750.

how many fps you get in this few spots of SMG? and all the rest of the game is full speed?

Around 40 in the observatory, the rest of the game hoovers around 60 when overclocked
(03-25-2010, 07:07 AM)JADS Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-25-2010, 06:55 AM)userpasswordpassport Wrote: [ -> ]

Around 40 in the observatory, the rest of the game hoovers around 60 when overclocked

the video of the beggining when the bowser stole the princess castle, is full speed?
Videos on wii games are not that cpu dependant as there are no 3d calculations, so yes, it should be full speed with an i7.
(03-25-2010, 05:49 AM)userpasswordpassport Wrote: [ -> ]hi, i have intel core 2 quad Q6600 2.8 GHZ and i get 19 fps playing mario kart 4 simultaneous players, and 35-50 fps playing 1 single player.

my question is: can you intel i7 users run mario kart wii with 4 simultaneous players full fps?
and also other games?

because i will buy Intel Core i7 860 and 2GB 1333 ram and i want to know if it is a good buy for dolphin (the only reason i will buy it)

I'm running mario kart wii at 60fps both single and multiplayer, don't know why you can't.

Q6600 @ 2.7Ghz
8800GT
(03-25-2010, 08:00 AM)ragna Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-25-2010, 05:49 AM)userpasswordpassport Wrote: [ -> ]hi, i have intel core 2 quad Q6600 2.8 GHZ and i get 19 fps playing mario kart 4 simultaneous players, and 35-50 fps playing 1 single player.

and also other games?

I'm running mario kart wii at 60fps both single and multiplayer, don't know why you can't.

Q6600 @ 2.7Ghz
8800GT

my graphics card is Geforce 9600 GSO = 8800 GS
8800GT is more powerfull but is almost the same for dolphin,
which version of dolphin and settings are you using?
also i have PAL version of MKWii full fps = 50
thanks bye
I also run Mario Kart Wii at full speed w/ 4 players.

Q6600 @ Default Clock
8600GT

Linux Mint - (OpenGL Plugin)
Pages: 1 2 3