Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
[Image: fragile-wii.jpg]

* Fighting the controller in HD is fun!*

About the Game (Wikipedia)
The player character Seto wanders the world, searching for survivors and the answers behind the disappearance of everyone else. Seto also searches for a mysterious girl named "Ren." In his quest he must deal with ghosts and demons that lurk within the ruins of the abandoned cities. Despite this, the producer of the game insists that Fragile Dreams is not a survival horror, rather it will focus on "human drama".

The world of Fragile Dreams will be filled with objects, sketches and short stories for the player to examine. Each artifact holds the memories of its former owner, and offers back story and hints to the player. A competition was held where readers of gaming magazines sent in their own sketches and short stories for inclusion in the game.

The Wii Remote is used as an aid in exploration. Seto has access to a flashlight, controlled by the Wii Remote, to illuminate his surroundings as well to solve puzzles and interact with the environment. The flashlight is also used to uncover hidden enemies and can act as a weapon against them. Seto also has access to a metal detector that the player can use to find various items hidden on the ground, as well as a microphone that picks up sounds through the mini speaker. Hidden enemies can be detected this way by picking up their sounds.

Emulation Status and Speed
What works and what doesn't?:
The game is playable, however you will need to enable settings that are only available in new revisions (I used revision 5215). Otherwise, you will get uncontrollable screen flickering that will make the game unplayable. Two hours in so far and I haven't encountered anything game breaking yet. Some screen corruption can be noticed from time to time, but nothing major.

Speed:
Sometimes the game drops frames for no apparent reason, but most of the time I have no problems running the game at full speed.

Additional Information:
  • Game is only playable using the Wiimote and Nunchuck.
  • Tested using the PAL version,
  • Dolphin SVN R 5215.
  • The game needs "Use XFB" and "Progressive scan" otherwise it will be unplayable.
  • Running on an Intel i7 860 (3.5 Ghz) and an ATI Radeon 5850 (5870 speeds).

Multimedia
[Image: Fragile100.jpg] [Image: Fragile101.jpg] [Image: Fragile102.jpg] [Image: Fragile104.jpg] [Image: Fragile106.jpg] [Image: Fragile107.jpg] [Image: Fragile108.jpg] [Image: Fragile105.jpg]

FullHD Youtube gameplay movie
But with XFB, its all Blurried .
(03-21-2010, 02:15 AM)A. Taiga Wrote: [ -> ]But with XFB, its all Blurried .

Really? I cant seem to notice any blur with the settings that I use when compared to what is being outputted on the Wii. I forgot to add my settings Rolleyes
(03-21-2010, 02:37 AM)JADS Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-21-2010, 02:15 AM)A. Taiga Wrote: [ -> ]But with XFB, its all Blurried .

Really? I cant seem to notice any blur with the settings that I use when compared to what is being outputted on the Wii. I forgot to add my settings Rolleyes

yeah, its not blurried, i was using a 51xx rev and it didnt have the XFB Settings in D3D9, so i downloaded the newest one and now its all perfect .

Great game btw .

000kirpich

I used r5218 but couldn't make game playble when I used XFB (image began to shake and I couldn't do anything with it), also I had problems with sound it was with a noise and in addition all perfomance was a bit slow maybe it was because of my pc configuration, my pc isn't very powerful.My sys conf: Intel dual core (2,4 Ghz),Radeon 4870,2gb ram. If someone can advise something I'll be grateful.
(03-21-2010, 07:56 PM)000kirpich Wrote: [ -> ]I used r5218 but couldn't make game playble when I used XFB (image began to shake and I couldn't do anything with it), also I had problems with sound it was with a noise and in addition all perfomance was a bit slow maybe it was because of my pc configuration, my pc isn't very powerful.My sys conf: Intel dual core (2,4 Ghz),Radeon 4870,2gb ram. If someone can advise something I'll be grateful.

Enable progressive scan and try playing around with Audio Throttle off and Framelimit on.

000kirpich

Thanks image became alright no shaking all is going cool)) but sound is working bad with scratches and noise...wil investigate further.THanks for advice
(03-22-2010, 12:12 AM)000kirpich Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks image became alright no shaking all is going cool)) but sound is working bad with scratches and noise...wil investigate further.THanks for advice

Are you using the OpenAl sound backend? If not switch to it.

000kirpich

I tried Dsound and OpenAl practically there is no difference (Dsound gave a bit mor clear sound) Maybe there are some other sound plugins somwhere or I need to do something else?
(03-22-2010, 02:03 AM)000kirpich Wrote: [ -> ]I tried Dsound and OpenAl practically there is no difference (Dsound gave a bit mor clear sound) Maybe there are some other sound plugins somwhere or I need to do something else?

It may just be your computer lagging and the sound struggling to keep up Sad I get perfect sound quality on mine. How many FPS do you get?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6