Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Candles work so much better than IR bar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
usb is 5v only. My usb sensor bar works great. Took me one hour to solder everything together and drill holes.
is there a reason for the sensor bar having 2 LED's? I have a feeling that it's really only to help give the wiimote a larger field of view, but I'm not totally sure.
If it IS possible to make a functioning sensor bar with a single LED, then I plan on converting an old VCR remote into a neat little sensor bar (sensor node, might be more accurate...)

On a side note, be careful with those candle sticks kids; a (not so smart) friend of mine was using a candle for the sensor bar and inadvertently dripped a whole bunch of wax all over his Wii.
I thaught the whole point of the lights is that you needed two sources to measure a relative scale. I might be wrong but i know with drwaing as well you would need at least two points to measure 3 dimension. The more close and far away the lights are means in and out it 3 dimensional space.
(03-18-2010, 08:24 AM)boogerlad Wrote: [ -> ]usb is 5v only. My usb sensor bar works great. Took me one hour to solder everything together and drill holes.

Did you use a resistor?

Alot of people dont seem to but everyone says you will just burn out LEDs if a resistor is not used, hence me calculating the required resistor give the 5v supply, 1.5v forward, 60ma current and 2 leds
(03-18-2010, 10:16 AM)Johnblunt Wrote: [ -> ]I thaught the whole point of the lights is that you needed two sources to measure a relative scale. I might be wrong but i know with drwaing as well you would need at least two points to measure 3 dimension. The more close and far away the lights are means in and out it 3 dimensional space.

Why thank you Jonblunt, now that you mention it, I don't see how I could have possibly overlooked that. silly me.
I had one of those dx sensor bars, let's say it was good (i had really accurate pointer), but i never used batteries with it(used a 6v psu). It had 4 leds each side.

The build quality sucked hard thou, one day after 3 hours on the right resistor burnt from heat.

Got a local one then, bought batteries (i didn't want to rip it open to plug wires since i had a 1 year warranty for being "made" here).

In the second day of use my pointer precision was already worst... >_> so i got a way to use the 6v psu with it without opening it, rant some tests like letting the thin on for 3 days with no turn off, not a burnt led =D.

But my personal experience tells me running those things on batteries is not a nice idea =.=.

I just wonder bout usb voltages, i mean, both my bars were 4 x AAA (considering they were both serial circuits that would mean 6v), so an usb 5v would be too low and 12 v wouldn't run the risk of burning it? =o
vbkun, I'm willing to bet that you could get by with running 5v on a 6v circuit, especially one of such a simple design.
Just buy a real wii sensor bar(5.5-7.5V) and USB cable.Cut the wii sensor bar cable(and burn alitle) ,connect it with USB cable(5v) , add 1 battery (1.5V) and connect to PC.Done you play dolphin with real wii sensor bar,don't need to use candle to burn your house or wireless one and the battery never drain off
If the official sensorbar is given 7.5v via an ac adapter how many ma does it require?
Pointer on my IR bar is accurate, but it jumps. Is this IR bar problem or i screwed up some settings?
Pages: 1 2 3