Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Spider-man 2 - NTSC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: 2471.jpg]

This game is broken.

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Athlon II Dual-Core M300, 2.0 GHz
GPU: ATI Radeon Mobility HD 4200 256MB
Memory: 4GB DDR2

Dolphin Version:

Dolphin 2.0 RC1 and R4869 - 64-Bit

Emulator settings:

(Core Settings)
Enable Dual Core
Enable Idle Skipping
HLE the IPL
JitIL Recompiler
DSP on Thread

(Video Settings)
DX9
Safe Texture Cache
Enable EFB Copy to Texture

[Image: 18396894.png]
(03-17-2010, 06:43 AM)[SS] Starscream Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 2471.jpg]

This game is broken.

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Athlon II Dual-Core M300, 2.0 GHz
GPU: ATI Radeon Mobility HD 4200 256MB
Memory: 4GB DDR2

Dolphin Version:

Dolphin 2.0 RC1 and R4869 - 64-Bit

Emulator settings:

(Core Settings)
Enable Dual Core
Enable Idle Skipping
HLE the IPL
JitIL Recompiler
DSP on Thread

(Video Settings)
DX9
Safe Texture Cache
Enable EFB Copy to Texture

[Image: 18396894.png]

this game has the same problem as the rouge squadron games, the memory usage by the gc is different then other games. not sure if anyone is working on this i've been trying but have no luck.
I can't find the post but somebody wrote set to interperter mode, run game , save state (save to slot), exit, switch back, run and while the info lines are up quickly hit load state, slot. not suitable but it works.
Until they get this fixed again.
SVN 6115
all other setting are deault (use direct x 11 plugin, mmu, xfb, )

[attachment=4227]

I couldn't get the game to boot even in interpreter. It might be a 32-bit/64-bit problem or a PAL/NTSC issue. I'm using 32-bit NTSC.
Yeh, this game and Ultimate Spider-man are pretty finicky. They were working fine for me for a while and then one of the commits broke it.

Maybe try loading this in JITIL and the game definitely needs "Enable MMU" ticked. "MMU speed hack" must be unticked.
(09-02-2010, 12:46 AM)[SS] Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]I couldn't get the game to boot even in interpreter. It might be a 32-bit/64-bit problem or a PAL/NTSC issue. I'm using 32-bit NTSC.

It's not supposed to boot, Once the screen comes up save the state. (just info screen) It's in the Emulation tab, save state slot 1, exit the game not the emulator, set back to jit Recompiler, run the game while the yellow info is showing, go to your Emulation tab hit load state slot 1. it should run.

SVN 6115

skid
They were working fine for me for a while and then one of the commits broke it.
Do you remember which SVN . It would be very helpful to this thread.

I didn't test Spider-man for a while and when I tested it again recently, they were broken.
(09-02-2010, 02:40 PM)skid Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't test Spider-man for a while and when I tested it again recently, they were broken.

Which SVN ? Was it later than one posted? PlEASE HELP OUT.
(09-02-2010, 12:12 PM)Rotorooter Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-02-2010, 12:46 AM)[SS] Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]I couldn't get the game to boot even in interpreter. It might be a 32-bit/64-bit problem or a PAL/NTSC issue. I'm using 32-bit NTSC.

It's not supposed to boot

It is supposed to boot. If the game does not boot then you are saving a black screen state which is pointless since all it will do is reload that black screen and get you no where.
(09-05-2010, 03:38 AM)[SS] Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-02-2010, 12:12 PM)Rotorooter Wrote: [ -> ]

It's not supposed to boot

It is supposed to boot. If the game does not boot then you are saving a black screen state which is pointless since all it will do is reload that black screen and get you no where.
O.K. give it to you see a picture then save. the snapshot is the proof. This is just a workaround till they get it fixed.
Pages: 1 2 3