Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Run Dolphin on secondary monitor?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Is there any way to have or choose Dolphin to run on a secondary monitor? Id like to run it fullscreen on my secondary monitor and not the primary.

Thanks
Make the monitor you want the game to run on your "primary" monitor.
yeah i know that lol...thats not what i want to do. i just want to know if dolphin has any secondary monitor capabilities im unaware of.

thx
I hope you're not thinking about playing on 1 monitor and doing some other stuff in the other,
cause u'll have to change the task's focus to the monitor without the game, unless u wanna watch a movie while someone plays on the other monitor Tongue

Paulus88

Yea I got the same problem.
My Dad has a computer down stairs and we linked it up to the TV, the TV is secondary monitor and my da's is primary...

So when we watch a movie on my da's computer we use the secondary screen to watch it and my da can still use his computer.

But now im trying to get dolphin to work the same way, but the only way I can get it to work is by cloning and because the resolution of the TV is different from my dad's monitor, the computer is unusable while we play wii games on the computer Big Grin
I was wondering about this too. My display adapter (ATI HD4850) is listed twice but neither choice makes the renderer run on my nndary monitor.
lol I tryed that log time ago but it's impossible, you must use your primary lcd to play in full screen but you cann't play in the secondary and do nothin or work or surf on the web in the primary screen Wink
(01-27-2011, 05:29 AM)Jebus Wrote: [ -> ]lol I tryed that log time ago but it's impossible, you must use your primary lcd to play in full screen but you cann't play in the secondary and do nothin or work or surf on the web in the primary screen Wink

I think some newer Matrox pci-e cards actually support true multi-desktop, as in not eyefinity. But they will be barely good enough to play any wii games at above 800x600.
http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/produc..._software/

Those have much more multi-display features than nvidia surround or ati eyefinity.
I have no Problem playing on a secondary screen. Just start the game in window mode then move it to the other screen, maximize it and then press ALT+ENTER.
Works for me and I have the second monitor (TV) connected to a second graphic card.
(01-27-2011, 08:52 PM)Hurzwa Wrote: [ -> ]I have no Problem playing on a secondary screen. Just start the game in window mode then move it to the other screen, maximize it and then press ALT+ENTER.
Works for me and I have the second monitor (TV) connected to a second graphic card.

Do you really have 2 graphic cards or just 1 card with 2 outputs? Becayse the method you describe I tried it and it doesn't work for me, but I only have 1 graphics card - ATI HD4850.
Pages: 1 2 3