Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can't compile 3xxx revs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there :p.
When I try to compile 3089 it isn't compiling everything, only the plugins...
Is this normal or what? Can someone please explain me how to compile older revs or if this is even possible?

Just wanna know, cuz Orleans is able to build them...

Ooh btw, all the newest revs are compiling perfect, so it are not my settings I think...
Older revs use the older dx sdk. There was one lib in particular that got renamed within the latest DX SDKs, just replace the filename within your dolphin project file and your good to go.
DxErr9.lib -> DxErr.lib. (replace all appearances within your dolphin project file)
Thanks man, I'll try that!! Big Grin!
EDIT: Umm where exactly is this file located? :p.
Is it located by the includes?

EDIT2: I can't find any file that's named like that Sad.
Code:
Find all "dxerr", Subfolders, Find Results 1, "Entire Solution"
  C:\Users\Darkshadw\Desktop\Dolphin 3000\Source\Core\AudioCommon\Src\DSoundStream.cpp(19):#include <dxerr.h>
  Matching lines: 1    Matching files: 1    Total files searched: 1818

Only 1 match oO?
Please someone? Sad...
It would be better to find the file in the computer , make a copy of it and rename it
Ohwkay..., Thx going to search for it.
yes either do that or just change the linked filename within in your project file... things would be so much easier if ppl would just understand what they are doing.
Although messing with the filename itself might produce errors on systems w/o those faked lib/dllnames, so rather correct the linked lib filename itself within your msvc projectfiles if you want to keep the win sys compatibility.
I shouldn't be that important , you are not modifying the DirectX files that the OS uses , just the SDK that I only use to compile dolphin
Ohwkay.
Well the lib name will be the dll runtime name, the app will search on other systems for the corresponding-lib dllname, which doesn't exist on updated dx systems.
As long he doesn't want to keep compabitility to other win systems where he hasn't hacked the lib/dll filename, it wouldn't matter.
It's still not way to go to fix this issue, but yes it's a possible alternative if you dont know how to fix it properly..

So did that help at all darkshadow?Smile
Pages: 1 2