Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin v2.0 RC1 bug report thread (updates in first post)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
read the news:
dolphin-emu.com Wrote:As Dolphin nears the first release since becoming open source software, we are hard at work to make it more stable. Now, we offer up "v2.0 RC1" for our faithful testers to try out and report back!

If you're on windows or OS X, head over to the downloads section to download the Release Candidate. If you're on linux, you will need to svn checkout and build http://dolphin-emu.googlecode.com/svn/branches/stable .

Please test the Release Candidate and let us know via the forums or the googlecode issue tracker if you've found a stability bug. Note that feature requests and bugs not pertaining to stability for the v2.0 release will be frowned upon, and could bring down developer wraith.

Happy testing!

and stay on topic Smile

Quote:What exactly do you consider "stability issues"? CTDs for sure but what else too?
Yes, any crashes are worth reporting, as are things such as problems with the GUI/settings/etc.

Things NOT worth reporting are issues like:
Quote:the audio and video are not syncronized from the intro and also in the game and one last thing the speed is good now but when there is zombie or graphic animation it slow down.

This thread will be heavily moderated - If your post disappears, you know why.

Updates:
OS X users should re-download the RC1, as a rather large usability GUI bug was fixed.

magic

I still get random freezes on several games like in all SVN revisions i tested. I hope that's what's meant with stability issues. Furthermore I hope this has not been discussed yet, but I could not find any information on the forums.

Those freezes always look the same, I get 0 FPS while the game has 60 VPS and the sound continues playing (e.g. background sounds in wii sports).
In Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games this does sometimes also happen in the menu. The difference here is that I can still move the wii remote and hear the sounds that are played when pointing at menu items, so I guess the whole thing is maybe related to the graphics plugin.

I use dolphin x64 DX9 on Windows 7 Professional x64 / Phenom II x4 920 / ATI Radeon 4850 / 4GB Ram / 2 Wii Remotes.

I use default settings for most of the options except resolution and EFB to Texture in the DX9 plugin.
If I use panic handlers, nothing pops up before the freezes. Also I have experimented with all kinds of settings that still allow me to play the tested games: Framelimit, CPU Emulation engines and Safe Texture Cache, but nothings seems to fix the issue.

If I should do any additional tests or debug a bit, let me know.

Anyways, you are doing an awesome job on dolphin and apart from those random freezes many games are very playable.

EDIT: I just noticed that this is already an accepted issue although it happens less frequent here: http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/iss...il?id=2242
sorry for re-report Wink
Issue 1:

In various NGC games GFX opcode crashes can be observed. Found the following lines to happen (mostly the 22 line, in some cases also the others).
Quote:GFX FIFO: Unknown Opcode (0x22)
GFX: Unknown Opcode (0x13)
GFX: Unknown Opcode (0x4e)
Not sure if there are others as sometimes Dolphin goes out for lunch. I doubt it's an actual problem with the GFX unit. Most probably a memory handling error but without logs I can't narrow the problem down.

Happens with the 32-bit version.

===========================
Issue 2:

Dolphin and Wii-Games using the Wiimote plugin with emulation (aka no real wiimote attached). Results are rather volatile. Sometimes the emulated wiimote is recognizes by the game other times not. Button programming works only partially. Options can be set and when reopening the config dialog after saving the some options are reset. Handling of analog sticks is also rather volatile. I'm using a GamePad with 6 buttons, 4 shoulder buttons, 1 special purpose button, 1 8-way dpad and 2 analog sticks. Especially the emulation of the wiimote swinging (swing up, down and so forth) does not work at all. Sometimes the button press is translated into a swing but most of the time not. Swing up can be assigned to a button but the games never receive them. Also the analog sticks have bad dead-zoning if used as nun-chuck. It's hard to control game characters. Dead-zoning is too far left. Pressing right is often not received by the game while pressing left is often send spuriously.
The problem appears to be that this release is missing the following plugin: Dolphin KB/X360 pad
hi. i just recently downloaded the svn for r5178 and compiled it for linux 64bit with no errors. i had previously used revision 4883 and it worked perfectly but when i ran this in terminal i got an error when i tried to access any games:

03:02:710 Source/Plugins/Plugin_VideoOGL/Src/GLUtil.cpp:521 N[Video]: GLWin Depth 24
03:02:710 Source/Plugins/Plugin_VideoOGL/Src/GLUtil.cpp:525 E[Video]: no Direct Rendering possible!
03:02:741 Source/Plugins/Plugin_VideoOGL/Src/Render.cpp:358 E[Video]: arbvp1 not supported
03:02:741 Source/Core/Common/Src/MsgHandler.cpp:53 E[*]: Warning: Can't create opengl renderer. You might be missing some required opengl extensions, check the logs for more info

also the wiimote plugin for dolphin doesnt register:

06:40:264 Source/Core/Common/Src/DynamicLibrary.cpp:88 E[COMMON]: DL: Error loading DLL plugins/libPlugin_Wiimote.so: (null)
06:40:264 Source/Core/Core/Src/PluginManager.cpp:248 W[CONSOLE]: PluginInfo: plugins/libPlugin_Wiimote.so is not a valid Dolphin plugin.

ecgta3

well for some reason when i add a second wiimote it either doesn't work or disconnects and wont connect anymore until i quit
Hello! I'm very new to this (as well as macs) and I just downloaded Dolphin v2.0 RC1 for the Mac and I'm having many problems. I cannot even run games. I can only see the opening message that tells you how to wear your wii-mote. Are there any settings I could try to make it run at least a little bit?

Here are my specs:
Mac OS X 10.6.2
Quad core intel i5 2.66 Ghz
ATI Radeon HD 4850

When I run it using the Dolphin Software Renderer Graphics plug-in, I can see the how to wear your wii-mote advisory message. Thank you very much in advance!

tnerual1974

Metroid Echos :

2 Messages :

GFX FIFO: Unknown Opcode (0x3f).
This means one of the following:
*The emulated GPU got desynced, disabling dual core can help
*Command stream corrupted by some spurious memory bug
*This really is an unknown opcode (unlikely)
*Some other sort of bug

Illegal command 25
CPBase: 0x0054d920
CPEnd: 0x005ad900
CPHiWatermark: 0x0005c000
CPLoWatermark: 0x00050000
CPReadWriteDistance: 0x00000060
CPWritePointer: 0x0054d980
CPReadPointe: 0x0054d920
CPBreakpoint: 0x005518e0
bFF_GPReadEnable: true
bFF_BPEnable: false
bFF_GPLinkEnable: false
bFF_Breakpoint: true

Eternal Darkness = Black Screen, No Messages.

p.s. : Intel core i7 windows 7 64bits

atari1980

Dolphin x64:
Since 40xx and up, using a dual view setup, selecting a full screen resolution for the second monitor: the main Dolphin window shows the emu is started but nothing appears on the 2nd monitor.

Also, the emu detects my i5 750 processor as having 16 cores (only has 4, no HT).

Mario Galaxy NTSC-U:
A couple of minutes into the game, the music stops playing but sound fx and voices are still working. It does that in the main hub or in any stage.

New Super Mario Bros Wii NTSC-U:
About 10 minutes into the game, a message pops up: Wiimote has been disconnected, and cliquing 'reconnect' does not work, it freezes the game. I'm using an xbox 360 wireless controller and it's the only game i've tried that does that.

Paper Mario The thousand year door (GC) AND Super Paper Mario WII (both NTSC-U):
Missing FX: When mario warp into a pipe, he just disappears and his shadow is projected in the center of the screen (instead of the paper-like spinning mario in the pipe). Also, when there's a cutscene that should show multiple minions on screen, i see the bubbles with what they say but the minions aren't visible.

Those 3 problems i have with any revision or SVN. (except for the dual view problem)
Windows 7 x64.
Dolphin x64 version.
ATI 5870.
Xbox 360 wireless controller.

JamesM12

I use Mario Galaxy NTSC-U too, and the music is really crappy and stops a few times, but the sound fx and voices works anyways. My graphics card is old, but the graphics are really goodwith Dx9. But the fps are low, about 15-20 fps ingame. in cinematic scenes, 30-35 fps.
FBManager Create Fail: Depth Color Texture appears always, but the graphics still good.

The only issue that i and all people hate, is the slow speed, because i have a crappy pc. My only way to speed up gameplay is set up to 9 the frame skipping. I recommend 2 frame skipping for low speed.

I have New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and the only issue is the shadows of the world set map (that has toad houses, castles, the map, you know), and the music and sound fx are really perfect, like the ingame graphics. I use 2 frame skipping to make it like full speed.

But i have a question:

How can I speed up a little the emulation?
My specs (I think)

Windows XP SP 2 x32
Dolphinx32 version (the latest released on the site)
Intel Chipset Family (Is that the graphics card?)
Intel Celeron CPU
DX9 Plugin
DSP-HLE Plugin
Dolphin Wiimote plugin (Emulated Wiimote)

Sorry for the bad english (Don't you think that), cuz i'm brazilian.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7