Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Super Smash Bros Melee - PAL or NTSC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I got Super Smash Bros Melee NTSC up and running with Dolphin only to find that it doesn't quite run full speed (around 50fps) and it has some really bad texture glitches. I'm just wandering if PAL will behave the same way or if it will work better?

On the compatibility list it says they both work perfectly. I think it must be the Optimize Quantizers that is causing the texture problems but with that turned off the game runs way too slow.

Thanks!
Dawisch
"Optimise Quantizers"? You must be running a pretty damn old version of Dolphin.
Okay, I'm going to tell you what I tell everyone.

1: Download the latest version.
www.dolphin-emu.org always has the latest version, automatically available.

2: Make sure everything you need is installed.
Quote:[Windows]
-MS Visual C++ Runtime 2008 SP1: This fixes the "side by side" / "application config" & model errors
Microsoft VC++ 2008 SP1 Redist x86 - For 32bit Windows
Microsoft VC++ 2008 SP1 Redist x64 - For 64bit Windows

-The DirectX March 2009 Runtime: This fixes the plugin loading errors
Note: THIS MEANS UPDATE YOUR DIRECTX EVEN IF YOU HAVE THE VERSION 9.0c or 10 or 10.1!!!!!!
Microsoft DirectX Updater
Many people use Dolphin without ever realising there's a Direct3D9 plugin, I did too.

3: Configure your Direct3D9 plugin.
Enable EFB Copy to Texture. That alone should make your speed improve vastly.

4: If necessary, use frameskip.
Less powerful systems may need this.

Even my 1.8ghz laptop can play Super Smash Brothers Melee fairly well, set up like this with some frameskip on. Smile
Wow, I'm an idiot. I was using the latest official build I think... 4771 lol Thanks, I'll try what you said
A lot of people make that mistake. not being used to the idea of open-source development like this project.

I think the frontpage should just like to dolphin-emu.org, that site looks to be a reliable source of up-to-date builds for a long time to come.
Yeah, there's been a lot of improvements since 4771. Smile
I did everything you said and it's still running at only 30-40 fps!!! Other games run full speed...

I have an Athlon X2 5000+ OCed to 2.8GHz and a GeForce 9600GT OC graphics card!
Any more ideas?

The graphics problems are fixed though.
Wow, with this new version every game I try runs slower than it used to... a LOT slower. What should I do?
use jitIL experimental recompiler and set EFB copy to texture on what ever gfx plugin you use. (d3d for speed)
(03-05-2010, 06:35 AM)Apostacious Wrote: [ -> ]use jitIL experimental recompiler and set EFB copy to texture on what ever gfx plugin you use. (d3d for speed)

I did that and I'm still only get 35fps! What is wrong?
What version are you guys using? I'm using 5153... It's weird. Pretty much all the glitches I had are gone but they games are running really strange now... Like most games I try run at "100%" but the FPS is only like 30. They appear to run perfectly smooth but just really slow. Any ideas whats going on there?

Then when I try to play super smash bros it runs at like 60-80% and like 40fps or so which is slow AND jerky. Everything ran fine speed wise when I had Optimized Quantizers on the really old version but there where some really bad graphics problems...

WHAT IS GOING ON!?!?
Any one know whats wrong!!!???
post settings
Configuration:
Enable Dual Core - ON
Enable Idle Skipping - ON
Enable Cheats - ON
Framelimit - OFF
HLE the IPL - ON
CPU Emulator Engine - JIT recompiler
Lock threads to cores - OFF
DSPLLE on thread - OFF
Confirm On Stop - OFF
Use Panic Handlers - ON

DX9 Graphics Properties:
V-Synk - OFF
Enable CPU->EFB access - ON
Safe Texture Cache - OFF
Disable Fog - ON
Enable EFB copy - To Texture

DSP:
Enable Audio Throttle - ON

I think that's about all you need to know...
Pages: 1 2