Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Super Smash Bros Melee - PAL or NTSC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Set framelimit to auto.
Did you enable anti-aliasing? That can cause slowdown if your system can't handle it.
(03-05-2010, 05:54 PM)RupeeClock Wrote: [ -> ]Set framelimit to auto.
Did you enable anti-aliasing? That can cause slowdown if your system can't handle it.

I tryed it with framelimit on auto and it behaved the same. Audio throttle should handle that anyways. And no, I don't have AA enabled.
Most of my games are running fine now... just not super smash bros. Should I try PAL version?
Set Audio backend to OpenAL instead of DSound in the DSP settings.

If that still doesn't help, then disable Idle Skipping too.
(03-06-2010, 04:27 AM)Pringles Wrote: [ -> ]Set Audio backend to OpenAL instead of DSound in the DSP settings.

If that still doesn't help, then disable Idle Skipping too.

I'll try disabling idle skipping. It's not the audio though becuase I tryed it with audio turned off entirley and it still ran the same way.
i have a problem to, i used to run super smash bros melee at fullsped (50 fps PAL) but i dont know why now im running it at 40 fps in stages were i used to have 50 fps, why could that happen?

pd:i updated the directx to february of 2010, maybe thats the problem?
Fix these to what I have here and try again.

DSPLLE on thread - ON

Enable CPU->EFB access - OFF

Safe Texture Cache - ON

Enable Audio Throttle - OFF
(03-06-2010, 04:25 AM)Dawisch Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-05-2010, 05:54 PM)RupeeClock Wrote: [ -> ]Set framelimit to auto.

I tryed it with framelimit on auto and it behaved the same. Audio throttle should handle that anyways. And no, I don't have AA enabled.
Most of my games are running fine now... just not super smash bros. Should I try PAL version?

Don't bother with the PAL version; there are differences in gameplay between the NTSC and PAL versions of the game, such as Marth being slightly lighter and his down-air attack not being a spike. On top of that, the PAL standard is going to cap out at 50 FPS as opposed to the NTSC standard of 60 FPS.

as far as your settings go try these:
-Disable fog: uncheck
-Enable EFB copy: to RAM
-CPU -> EFB access: enabled
PAL version has 60fps too.
just hold "B" while starting the game.
you can chose between 50 and 60hz.
Pages: 1 2