Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Anyone got Artmoney to work?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Currently trying to change my money in build 2745 but its not finding my values.

Once i know i can change stuff like money, then the fun really starts Blush

I got the new build but i cant try it out today Sad

Does it only work for specific games or artmoney doesnt support dolphin yet?
What are Action Replay for in your opinion?
from what i understand, there is no action replay for wii games correct?

sorry for not adding that in earlier
It exists. The 1st Action Replay system for Wii is... Dolphin!
never thought of that Tongue

but since the wii originally didnt support AR, that means no codes for it just "power saves"

So im guessing artmoney doesnt work or i should keep trying ?
I think no, it doesn't work.

cmccmc

doesn't work
Is there any way that dolphin could support a feature for searching through the memory of the game inbuilt? That's all artmoney is after all. It searches through the game's memory and can change values like money for example. It works in PCSX2 but not in dolphin for some reason. Would be helpful to know why..
The Wii/GC is big endian so all values larger than one byte will be "backwards" from what they are in a PC game. This might confuse ArtMoney (i've never used it).

Kuraria

(04-19-2009, 12:46 AM)ector Wrote: [ -> ]The Wii/GC is big endian so all values larger than one byte will be "backwards" from what they are in a PC game. This might confuse ArtMoney (i've never used it).

I've got artmoney to work fine on the games I've played on dolphin. The only issue being when you close dolphin not just the game the table is useless. I'm no expert nor do I pretend to be. It would be my guess artmoney is searching dolphin's memory and not the "wii" memory. I attempted to do some pointer searches to see if that was the issue with no luck. Most of my experience is with static addresses so maybe I'm doing something wrong. I attempted to use the debugger briefly and just went back to artmoney. I noticed the new version of artmoney has a option for emulator searching. I would assume the sets artmoney into a role of seaching only the emulated memory of the console. Such a option would be most helpful for dolphin. It could be very likely easier to contact them to add it rather then attempting to add a easy to use tool to dolphin itself. Most of the casual code hackers arn't into hacking asm code and pouring over raw registers. Of course such a view would be my opinion of the situation. I used to love the printer cable hookup on the gameshark for n64. very easy to use interface oh how I miss those days.
Pages: 1 2