Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii Sports constantly crashes / Super Mario Bros crashes every 5-10 minutes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Exposed

This occurs with r4771 (from download link on main page) 64-bit and Mamario's r5089 64-bit. I'm using a real Wii remote with Windows 7.

Wii sports will crash within minutes. Sometimes it crashes in the menu (basically just freezes), other times I can make it to an actual game like bowling or tennis, but will freeze during play. Basically not playable at all, since it will always crash within minutes. Also, the Mii faces sometimes don't like right...missing facial features and graphical corruptions. Using the USA version.

The only other game I have is Super Mario Bros. This is alot more stable, but will still crash. Generally I can play between 5 to 10 minutes before it suddenly crashes. Not very fun, since my progress is not saved.

I've tried using older builds, and crashing still occurs. In both DirectX9 and OpenGL.

I have a laptop with Core 2 Duo 2.0 Ghz Processor, Geforce GTX260M, 4GB memory, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

I use these dolphin settings:
http://www.rage3d.com/board/showpost.php...stcount=16

Is this a problem experienced by everybody? Or is there a certain build or setting I need to use to get Wii sports to play without crashing every minute, and Super Mario Bros as well?
Mine was crashing all the time on wiisports too and really low fps. Ive finally got mine working good by randomly playing with the settings. Only thing left is the sound is a bit scratchy but it doesnt bother me. Faces still have some coruption. But it runs smooth for me now and it doesnt seem to be crashing. I hope this helps, but if not just try playing with different settings.

My settings

[Image: wiisportssmoothfpsnocra.th.jpg]
looks like you have NTSC version of New Super Mario Bros Wii.

you have to patch it so it wont crash every 5 mins or so.

look at the game's official thread on how to do it.
I just discovered because Wii Sports Resort crash, because you must DISABLE "Optimize Quantizers", but inside dolphin configuration there isn't this voice since for svn 48xx. I don't know where report it to enable again this option.
Probably also chash other games are due to this.
(Sorry for my english but I'm Italian)

Exposed

(02-21-2010, 01:35 AM)thaCASHdude Wrote: [ -> ]looks like you have NTSC version of New Super Mario Bros Wii.

you have to patch it so it wont crash every 5 mins or so.

look at the game's official thread on how to do it.

I'm not quite sure if I understand those instructions. Would it be easier to simply download the PAL version? At least that's what I gathered from that thread.
oh boy.................
dude..... DO NOT do that and you shouldn't have said that
and patching it is way easier.... thats what I had to do and it was easy...........

maybe this is a bit simpler

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=189802
(02-21-2010, 01:37 AM)Signornos Wrote: [ -> ]I just discovered because Wii Sports Resort crash, because you must DISABLE "Optimize Quantizers", but inside dolphin configuration there isn't this voice since for svn 48xx. I don't know where report it to enable again this option.
Probably also chash other games are due to this.
(Sorry for my english but I'm Italian)

they removed optimize quantizers because they found a safer way that can be left on permanently. Maybe sports resort doesn't like it? Report it as an issue on google code.
I have open an issue in Google Code yesterday, but how much time I wait before to know news?

Exposed

(02-22-2010, 12:57 PM)thaCASHdude Wrote: [ -> ]oh boy.................
dude..... DO NOT do that and you shouldn't have said that
and patching it is way easier.... thats what I had to do and it was easy...........

maybe this is a bit simpler

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=189802

Ok I tried those steps Super Mario now doesn't crash at all. Was alot easier to patch than I thought. Thanks!
I still can't get Wii sports to stop crashing constantly. I tried Kormart's suggestions, still occurs.

So I should look for an old build that has this "disable optimized quantizers" options and try that? Which build is recommended?
Default dolphin config should work with Wii sports, enabling EFB copy to texture (which he has). Maybe a bad dump or a hardware problem.
Pages: 1 2 3