Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Are my pc specs good enough
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

totalwar_96

Well my specs are
Intel celeron d processor 3.33ghz
1gb ram
1gb ati hd 4550

Can i run games at a decent framerate?
thanks for any help
u mite b able to run those 2d games like zelda four swords at good speed
No it will be very slow in wii games with lot of 3d beacause of your processor, perhaps your gfx card will help...
No way, even on the least demanding games you would be lucky to see any more than 5 - 8 FPS if even that. Might as well just stick to playing on the actual system as it would be much cheaper than shelling out for the PC hardware that would be required to play most games decently.

Celeron D's are worse than Pentium 4's in terms of performance and Pentium 4's are absolutely horrible for emulators such as Dolphin and Pcsx2, might as well just give it up.

Atif

Will this do:
Pentium D 3Ghz Processor
nVidia GTS 250 Graghics card
4GB Ram

Protokiller

(02-19-2010, 07:14 AM)Atif Wrote: [ -> ]Will this do:
Pentium D 3Ghz Processor
4GB Ram

That graphics card and ram outclass that CPU by a large margin, which is the most important thing for emulators.

A Pentium D is nothing but a dual core P4, which aren't too good.

hamid14

How about this?

amd athlon le 1620 2.8 GHz
nvidia geforce 9200 1GB
2GB ram
vista
For singlecore users dont expect to see games run full speed but you can try like I did and see for your self *singlecore user :3*
(02-19-2010, 12:12 PM)hamid14 Wrote: [ -> ]How about this?

amd athlon le 1620 2.8 GHz
nvidia geforce 9200 1GB
2GB ram
vista

I was able to run few games @ 640x480

Athlon x2 5050e @ 2.6Ghz
2Gb ram
8200IGP
win7 pro x32

Since this is my main box/file server machine I dont' game on it.
If you already have it, just try it out Tongue
(02-19-2010, 02:31 AM)totalwar_96 Wrote: [ -> ]Well my specs are
Intel celeron d processor 3.33ghz
1gb ram
1gb ati hd 4550

Can i run games at a decent framerate?
thanks for any help

Your gfx card is already extremely bottlenecked by the processor. On another machine you might get even 20-100 fps more in some PC games with that card (which is middle-upper standard, it's not a bad card).

Bottleneck means that your graphics card is sending output info significantly faster than your CPU can process, which reduces fps.

However, I think you can run 2d games with it, and possibly new super mario bros.

(02-19-2010, 07:14 AM)Atif Wrote: [ -> ]Will this do:
Pentium D 3Ghz Processor
4GB Ram

That is even worse bottleneck. You are using processor which was developed in 2004-2005, with graphics card manufactured in 2009. Your PC is good, but for good performance you should buy motherboard and cpu which can support at least Phenom X4, core 2 duo/quad, or core i7, and you could play every game flawlessly.
Pages: 1 2