Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Freezing on a "New PC"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I tested the beatifull creation of dolphin on my old pc and it works very well,
now on a my new pc it freeze itself on hight resolution or like minimal but i don't know why..(ps. i update all of all/drivers..i think)
My pc config:
Asus P6T deluxe v.2
4giga ram
Gt240
I7 920
Monitor full hd 1980x1080 <-maybe this? lol...

Any suggestions will be accepted!

Sorry for my english! xD
maybe the gt240 is broken? (it is slower than a very old 8800gt anyway... have you been tricked to buy that crap? xD... sell it and buy a 8800GT!)
if it is the GDDR3 version: lol ... it can't display FullHD without slowdowns! (an 8800gt should be able to...)

why does everybody buy core i7? xD
they are not good for dolphin ^^
for dolphin you better had bought a core i5 dualcore (much higher clockspeed helps a bit ^^) or a phenom2 or a core2duo
if i try a 9400gt?, i have it in an another old my pc..lol
ops..! happening!, umbrella2 was me from the new pc..sorry for the inconvenience but i ri-register for speed.. O_o
ps. i know gt240 was between gt9800 and 9600..do you think is better a 9400gt?
lol

thanks!
no, a 9400gt is even much worse ^^
Yes ^_^ i know, lol
i'm a technician (in real) but with this new pc/mother board i have random "freeze" and my life become hard becouse i don't undestand why freeze random..do you thing is the full hd can freeze 1980x1080 that generate these random freeze?
now I'm in testing lol
maybe it's caused by the ram.

your CPU needs always 3 or 6 ramslots to be used... so either 3Gb, 6GB or 12GB... but not 4GB!
wait i have 6banks i use 2+2 Smile and at least 24giga maximun Big Grin
..i notice with my friends a strange thing cpu at 1V, i set it at 1.20 and now i'm in testing lol!
lol right ... you 're right!
for my part whenever a pc freezes its always d ram dat causes it
I test one by one, no error..now i will try in asus forum to check all.

Thanks!
Incredible..i found the solution myself..i change the gt240 with my old gt9400 and no freeze!, no freeze in dolphin and no freeze in windows7..
O_o
i think the problem is with only gt240..drivers error or strange power/freezing boh!
With i7 and 9400 dolphing correctly configurated newsupermario go me in 70/80fps and TatsunokoVSCapdom idem..
i 'm very happy now..must in what card i can change this terrible 240?..
(in i7 i set dual core speed OFF, and skipping ON), force to my widescreen =very happy fps!
sorry for double user/post i written from other pc, delete umbrella2 if necessary, thanks!
Pages: 1 2 3