Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Anyone else using a frontend like GameEX?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Was just seeing if anyone has gone down the road of using Dolphin with a frontend like GameEX. I have been using this for a long time to launch my games from a user friendly interface using my media center remote control (since my main rig is a HTPC hooked to a 52" LCD).

I may play around with this in the next coming weeks but as I said just curious to see if anyone else has already started doing this and has any tips.

magostin

(02-05-2010, 03:28 AM)nintari Wrote: [ -> ]Was just seeing if anyone has gone down the road of using Dolphin with a frontend like GameEX. I have been using this for a long time to launch my games from a user friendly interface using my media center remote control (since my main rig is a HTPC hooked to a 52" LCD).

I may play around with this in the next coming weeks but as I said just curious to see if anyone else has already started doing this and has any tips.

I use Hyperspin FE, best front end in the universe.
(02-11-2010, 04:56 AM)magostin Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-05-2010, 03:28 AM)nintari Wrote: [ -> ]Was just seeing if anyone has gone down the road of using Dolphin with a frontend like GameEX. I have been using this for a long time to launch my games from a user friendly interface using my media center remote control (since my main rig is a HTPC hooked to a 52" LCD).

I use Hyperspin FE, best front end in the universe.

How did you get it working with hypserspin?
i dont really understand the point... i hook my hmdi cable up to the tv, use my wireless keyboard with trackball to double click on dolphin... double click the game i want to play... i dont see how additional software makes this process simpler... unless there is a robot that is going to do everything for me and then hand me my wiimote and a glass of water.
(12-04-2010, 03:13 AM)inteGReddy Wrote: [ -> ]i dont really understand the point... i hook my hmdi cable up to the tv, use my wireless keyboard with trackball to double click on dolphin... double click the game i want to play... i dont see how additional software makes this process simpler... unless there is a robot that is going to do everything for me and then hand me my wiimote and a glass of water.

Its not about having a similar process per se, its about having all your emulators together in one place. take a look at the hyperspin-fe and you will see my point.

Also, many people connect a frontend with an arcade cabinet and dont want to have to see windows at all. anyways thats a whole diff conversation.
I still don't understand but I will just take your word for it that people use these lol.

cheynespc

Hi all my first post I have just found this emulator while I was thinking of what else I could put in my hyperspin cabinet . Now I have over 50 wii games and thought about just setting my hs cabinet to av mode to play these. But now with this emulator I will be able to have all of my wii games emulated I just have to setup the scripting files and the guys over at hyperspin forum are on to it now. Hey inteGReddy you should check it out it really is worth it
(12-04-2010, 04:29 PM)inteGReddy Wrote: [ -> ]I still don't understand but I will just take your word for it that people use these lol.

i have not set up for wii, but in general, a good front end is amazing.

They are a way of being able to forget you are using a pc at all, and just converts your pc into a self contained gaming box, easy to use and really professional.

i use one for my arcade cab and it ties up all my other emulators as well.

it adds no functionality, but just looks "shiny" if you like Smile
I use gametime plugin for Media Browser (which is a media center plugin). Looks real nice.

heres some screens:

[attachment=5469]
[attachment=5470]
[attachment=5471]
front ends suck.
Pages: 1 2