Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: OH NOOOOOOO!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ok, I f'd up! I have been running Dolphin on an 5000+ AMD with a VERY modest graphics card (ATI hd2600xt) for a while now. Some things worked pretty good, some didn't. New Super Mario ran almost perfectly!

I decided it's time to get something much faster! I want to be running Dolphin at full speed on just about anything/everything I throw at it.

I got an Alienware Aurora with a Core i7 920 overclocked to 3.33 ghz. I also have an HD5870 graphics card with 6 gig of the fastest DDR3 ram out there. Guess what???...this thing can't even run New Super Mario right! Btw, I'm running the 64 bit version of Windows 7. I only have two options now for graphics plugins, Opengl and Dolphin renderer. Anybody have any ideas?
(01-30-2010, 06:10 PM)guile Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I f'd up! I have been running Dolphin on an 5000+ AMD with a VERY modest graphics card (ATI hd2600xt) for a while now. Some things worked pretty good, some didn't. New Super Mario ran almost perfectly!

I decided it's time to get something much faster! I want to be running Dolphin at full speed on just about anything/everything I throw at it.

I got an Alienware Aurora with a Core i7 920 overclocked to 3.33 ghz. I also have an HD5870 graphics card with 6 gig of the fastest DDR3 ram out there. Guess what???...this thing can't even run New Super Mario right! Btw, I'm running the 64 bit version of Windows 7. I only have two options now for graphics plugins, Opengl and Dolphin renderer. Anybody have any ideas?

Funny guy
-_- install latest directX (august). Don't ask, just do it.
(01-30-2010, 06:10 PM)guile Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I f'd up! I have been running Dolphin on an 5000+ AMD with a VERY modest graphics card (ATI hd2600xt) for a while now. Some things worked pretty good, some didn't. New Super Mario ran almost perfectly!

If your serious and not just taking the piss: Get rid of 64 bit OS. Or it least have a 32 bit partition for Dolphin. And yeh, Directx Helps.
Get the latest build here http://www.dolphin-emu.org
set it up right and it should fly =P
Whats with the 64Bits Os ? Please ?
(01-30-2010, 10:06 PM)HK1 Wrote: [ -> ]If your serious and not just taking the piss: Get rid of 64 bit OS. Or it least have a 32 bit partition for Dolphin. And yeh, Directx Helps.
Get the latest build here http://www.dolphin-emu.org
set it up right and it should fly =P

Excuse me but 64bit Windows has nothing to do with the performance issues,
the 64 bit version of Dolphin usually runs faster in any game and i'm sure i'm not the only one who can attest to that.

His problem probably lies with Direct X as stated before.
======= Runtime Library Requirements =======
Dolphin needs you have to have the libraries listed below installed.

[Windows]
-MS Visual C++ Runtime 2008 SP1: This fixes the "side by side" / "application config" & model errors
Microsoft VC++ 2008 SP1 Redist x86 - For 32bit Windows
Microsoft VC++ 2008 SP1 Redist x64 - For 64bit Windows

-The DirectX March 2009 Runtime: This fixes the plugin loading errors
Note: THIS MEANS UPDATE YOUR DIRECTX EVEN IF YOU HAVE THE VERSION 9.0c or 10 or 10.1!!!!!!
Microsoft DirectX Updater

Also I would recommend to disable the hyper threading , and you should be fine

And don't worry about the 64 bit OS Tongue
you're a dummy fo buying alienware.
(01-31-2010, 01:14 AM)James333 Wrote: [ -> ]Also I would recommend to disable the hyper threading , and you should be fine

Glad to find out HT seems to get in the way of dolphin then xD
(i5, hyper thread-less here).
Thanks guys. I will try to disable multithreading and see if that helps. I am currently running DirectX 11 (Windows 7) so I'm assuming it's not a DirectX issue.

g
(01-31-2010, 01:33 AM)boogerlad Wrote: [ -> ]you're a dummy fo buying alienware.

Actually, I would have been a dummy NOT to buy it at the price I got it for. Great contribution btw.
g
Pages: 1 2 3