Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Virtual Console - N64 games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
- for sound you need LLE (in HLE sound will start after you press "Home" button 2x)

[attachment=2214]
[attachment=2215]
[attachment=2216]
[attachment=2217]
[attachment=2218]
[attachment=2219]
[attachment=2220]
[attachment=2221]
[attachment=2222]
[attachment=2223]
They indeed work, but slowly for somewhat
heh, t'would be funny if eventually N64-virtual-console-games would run better on Dolphin than on Project64/1964 ^^
Somehow I doubt that will happen, because VC games emulate the platform they are running on.
Therefore running an N64 game with Dolphin, is running an emulator inside an emulator.

Given that double abstraction layer, it will always be FAR more beneficial to run the game in an emulator of the console that it was designed for.
I wouldn't have said it would be funny if I thought it would be very likely to happen Wink

MarioMadness

N64 Games run pretty good to Big Grin They only need a minor speed up and there perfect. Now ill Be able to Play Virtual Console games with the Post processing Shaders Angel Which is awesome Since People Do hole projects with new textures to make the games look like this
Hi, I know this is a stupid question but how do I download these on the emulator? I know how to do it on a real Wii but not a emulator.
You don't "download" them, you dump them from your Wii as WADs. Most people will dump the NAND first and then use a program like ShowMiiWads. We don't talk about piracy or downloading games from the internet, just so you know. Not sure if you phrased your question correctly, so I'm assuming you meant something along the lines of "I can download VC channels on a real Wii, how do I get VC channel games on Dolphin?"
You can download the VC game on the Wii, and the do then following:

1) Do a NAND dump, tutorial here --> http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=162
2) Extract the original game ROM from your NAND dump for use in Project 64 or another N64 emulator, tutorial here --> http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=24282

That should set you up with the game you want on an N64 emulator.

If you don't have a Wii, there is nothing you can do.
Ok, then how do you start them if there is no Wii menu on Dolphin?
Pages: 1 2