Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: About Super Mario Galaxy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Veeeight

I came here with Dolphin emu,
[Image: smginds.jpg]
but I ain't got wiimote connected to my pc cause I ain't got bluetooth. Is there any way to play with mouse and keyboard only?
Your mouse pointer (over the Dolphin Render Window) should act as the Wiimote pointer. The Wiimote uses the numpad for the analog stick on the Nunchuck, so use 4,5,6,8 to move, and the Wiimote buttons are labeled like this:

a: A
b: B
p: +
m: -
h: Home

...etc, with most letters corresponding literally to the keys on the wiimote. This is a tad difficult to actually play with, so I advise changing the key bindings by clicking on "Wiimote" on the top bar of dolphin, which will let you configure the emulated wiimote.

Also, just to be safe, be sure to uncheck "Connect Real Wiimote", although it really shouldn't have any effect unless you actually have a real wiimote connected in Windows.

Cheers

-gamefreak

Veeeight

I've tried to set all options as U've wrote but I'm doing something wrong and it still doesn't work. Could U post a screen with correct Wiimote settings? I'm getting some messages from both Dolphin and game about not working Wiimote or something like that.
turn off progressive scan in wii options in dolphin config

Veeeight

OK, I know how to move camera by keyboard and mario jump when pressing A button
[Image: smgj7spa.jpg]
[Image: smgmecsqx.jpg]
but I can't move him by keyboard, nothing works. If there is some option in Wiimote settings or somewhere else I've missed please help.
ps and yes I got progressive scan turned off all the time

Veeeight

Nice job, finally I've run this game without Wiimote (no need to buy bluetooth). Tongue
Hmmm, have you tried WASD and numpad keys? Also, try messing up with the graphics settings, dont know why, but worked for me... (disable Antialias, don't ask me why it fixed up the controls)
Also, there are some good third party plugins that work with dolphin (please someone say to me if I'm breaking some rule by saying this) just search for them.
Hope it helps.
Sorry for my bad English!

EDIT: Glad you could do it, could you say how did you do? I had the same prob..... Also, I'd like to know your specs if you don't mind, just to get a reference!
There's nothing to break (especially rules), you didn't post 'em here (not recommended). But I'm still recommending to play with real wiimote + nunchuck. Bluetooth dongel is not too expensive Wink
Thanks, I think I'll buy one, they're relatively cheap and the gameplay will be much better! But first I need to buy a new graphics card, so I can get decent FPS.

Veeeight

Later in game are huge lacks in graphics, it's really hard to play on something like that, and it's of course on opengl plugin, I haven't checked directx plugin yet but as I remember it was always worst and slower so I don't expect any better than this.
Pages: 1 2