Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: F Zero (GC) where does it sit in the priority list?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
First off I need to make it clear that this isnt a whining post. I love the work the Dolphin team has done and more to the point I am fully aware that F Zero doesnt work because floating point hasnt been emulated properly (If at all).

Im just interested where this game sits in the grand scheme of things because I love it and hope that one day it can be emulated fully. Has any attempt ever been made to try and emulate the floating point registers and if so does it seem unlikely that this will ever be acheived?

Im sure there are a lot of people out there anticipating each release of dolphin just like me so I can check if F Zero works or not Big Grin

Thanks.
To be clear, there isn't really a dolphin "team" as such, but more so it is a group of enthusiasts, all working on the open source project they love.

Why, if you know how, you could jump right in and make that fix for F-zero yourself!
Maybe. Tongue

Maybe if you say pretty please someone will work on the game's issues, after all issues fixed in one game are resolved in another, all work towards the perfect emu.
(01-14-2010, 06:56 AM)RupeeClock Wrote: [ -> ]To be clear, there isn't really a dolphin "team" as such, but more so it is a group of enthusiasts, all working on the open source project they love.

Why, if you know how, you could jump right in and make that fix for F-zero yourself!
Maybe. Tongue

Maybe if you say pretty please someone will work on the game's issues, after all issues fixed in one game are resolved in another, all work towards the perfect emu.

If only i knew how to do it, i would have devoted my life to it Tongue. Wish the wii had a method of connecting its video to a monitor. Would make life a bit easier.
will be a glorious day when the game works.Smile

You still can't drive but you can take a look around:

[attachment=2184]
Have you ever tried enabling free look with OpenGL?
You can get some really cool shots with it, depends on the game.
Update: There's been some progress, thanks to skid_au. We now know that it's a MMU/TLB-related problem, and not an FPU problem.

THERE IS NO ESTIMATED TIME TO COMPLETION but work is ongoing.
Our great new contributor Skid_au has commited a fix that makes the game playable. Don't know how fast it runs yet, but have fun!
I love this project, these days great progress is made each week. Smile

Say chelo, what's your PC spec and Dolphin config? I'm curious if 50% speed is to be expected or if your system is just lacking.
(01-16-2010, 04:28 AM)RupeeClock Wrote: [ -> ]Say chelo, what's your PC spec and Dolphin config? I'm curious if 50% speed is to be expected or if your system is just lacking.

core 2 duo e7400 @2.8ghz, 2gb ram, gforce 9600.
default settings.
Pages: 1 2 3