Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Your CPU temp when using Dolphin.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Just curious really, how hot does your CPU get when you run Dolphin?

My Core 2 Duo E6850 idles at 38 degrees Celsius, and runs dolphin at around 64 degrees.
No overclocking or fancy cooling here, just how the motherboard came.

If you want to see for yourself, use something like Speedfan.
Speedfan doesn't work with my motherboard model, doesn't detect anything Sad but i can surely say that the temperature is pretty low in dolphin since it runs at a little more than 50% for obvious reasons.

my computer is running at 100% day and night btw, i run boinc always when not playing a videogame and never cared to check the temperatures xD
50-59c on E8400 OC'd to 3.2Ghz with stock cooler.
e7400 oced to 3.2 ghz 39C max with a Arctic cooling Freezer 7 Pro heatsink.
q6600 oced to 2.8 55-60 c with stock cooling
never actually checked the temp but it gets fairly hot when using dolphin for a while
Usually 52C to 61C depending on the game. Overclocked it from 2.6GHz to 3.0GHz. It's about 10C or 50F in my room so me and my rig are nice and cold. Well, I'm frozen and need gloves just to use my PC Sad
Mm....I tested whit Everest Ultimate Edition and marked me: 40,42 and 47 c.
Tested whit Zelda TP, SSBM and Luigis Mansion and the degrees where from 42 to 47 c.
My phenom II x3 720 gets to 49-50° C when i play resident evil archives with dolphin, usage is 100% for both used cores about all the time^^ game runs very smooth btw Smile

oh and i overclocked it from 2.8ghz to 3.2ghz. And that with stock cooling so i guess 50° C is a good value
Seems my CPU gets a little hot then, I guess.

Well I plan to replace it soon enough anyway and I'll have to ask about cooling.
Pages: 1 2 3 4