Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Luigi's Mansion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
[Image: GCN-Luigis-Mansion.jpg]

About the game (en.wikipedia.org)
Luigi's Mansion (ルイージマンション?) is an action-adventure game developed by Nintendo Entertainment Analysis and Development and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo GameCube. It was released in Japan on September 14, 2001, in North America on November 17, 2001, and in Europe on May 3, 2002. The game was a launch title for the GameCube, the first launch title for a Nintendo system without Mario as the lead character.

The game takes place in a haunted mansion, which Luigi won in a contest he did not enter. He is searching for his brother Mario, who came to the mansion earlier, but went missing. To help Luigi on his quest, an old professor named Elvin Gadd has equipped him with the "Poltergust 3000", a vacuum cleaner used for capturing ghosts, and a "Game Boy Horror", a device used for communicating with Gadd.

Luigi's Mansion was relatively well-received by reviewers, despite being criticized for its short length. The game has sold over 2.5 million copies, and is the fifth best-selling Nintendo GameCube game in the United States. It was also one of the first games to be re-released as a Player's Choice title on the system.

Optimal settings:
  • General settings: Dual Core, Idle Skipping, Optimize Quatiziers, HLE the IPL, JIT Recompiler, DSP on thread.
  • OpenGL plugin: Auto scale, Render to main windows, Native Resoulion, Overlay FPS, Enable EFB to texture.
  • Direct3D9 plugin: Render to main windows, Safe texture cache, EFB scaled copy, Overlay FPS, Enable EFB to texture.
  • DSP-HLE plugin: HLE the audio.

Emulation status & Speed
  • What works:
  • Pretty much everything except for 1 thing, listed in Additional information. (Many things have been fixed, even the L/R button problem)
  • What does not work:
  • The music will stop 2 seconds after selecting "View a Pikmin ™ movie"and you will have to return to the menu.
  • Emulation speed and status:
  • It runs at full and constant speed, even in slow CPU's is playable.

Additional Information:
The game is fully playable, and there are no graphics and sound issues ingame (Except the music in the "Pikmin ™ movie)
You don't need a very powerful PC to emulate the game, but if you dont want to get stuck 2-3 seconds when passing to other area you need at least a better CPU than the one I got Dodgy.
The cinematics parts (FMV movies) may go faster than the game. They run: 60 FPS constantly.

SVN used to take screenshots:

SVN used to play:
4771 (Recomended whit Direct3D 9 plugin)

Screenshots
Can we get a description of the settings used or screenshot of configurations and svn of dolphin used?

Adding to Game Thread.
Not bad Jef!Big Grin

dopelfish

It flickers on rev 4771 with OpenGL plugin. On 4525 it works quite good, aside from random crashes during intro (you can aviod that by mashing start/A button at the beginning and making a save state from the emu).

Coincidentally few hours ago I made a Youtube video showing the game in action. The description is in Polish, simply ignore it, it not really that important.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqYPioWNnoY

booty900

When I play this game I get about 20 FPS during gameplay. Is this how it runs or is there a way to speed it up. Or is it just because of my Computer. Heres my specs.

Blu-ray Discâ„¢ playback
4GB (2GBx2) DDR2-SDRAM-800
ATI Mobility Radeonâ„¢ HD 4650 graphics with 1GB dedicated video RAM
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor P8700 (2.53GHz)
16.4" VAIO extra-wide HD display (1920x1080)
Genuine Microsoft® Windows® 7 Home Premium
500GB SATA Hard Disk Drive (7200rpm)

booty900

I downloaded a new build. It is R5148. It runs better but the R and L buttons don't work anymore. What can fix this?
(03-01-2010, 02:26 PM)booty900 Wrote: [ -> ]I downloaded a new build. It is R5148. It runs better but the R and L buttons don't work anymore. What can fix this?
Can't say...I am using SVN R 5136 and everything runs fine (except I dont get at full speed, due to my PC specs). I am gonna update myself and try a newer Revision.

Reynaldo

Is it normal that the game looks extremely pixelated no mater what resolution I choose from the graphics plugin settings? Both on D3D and OpenGL.
I had some pixelation at least in older revisions by having "copy efb to ram" checked in the D3D plugin options. I changed to to the texture option and it fixed it. You might could try that. Of course, this was a first gen GC game and did have some pixelation issues anyways, but if it looks unnatural, try fiddling with the EFB option.
(04-13-2010, 02:18 PM)Granville Wrote: [ -> ]I had some pixelation at least in older revisions by having "copy efb to ram" checked in the D3D plugin options. I changed to to the texture option and it fixed it. You might could try that. Of course, this was a first gen GC game and did have some pixelation issues anyways, but if it looks unnatural, try fiddling with the EFB option.

in revision 5621 it has random freezes and the emulator stops responding.
forget that. if you turn on the "lock threads to cores" the freezes never hapen again.
I think we can say that the game is PERFECT.
Pages: 1 2 3 4