Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How can I get just a tiny bit more FPS on Dolphin core on RetroArch?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Undertaker555

I found a few guides on how to speed up Dolphin in the standalone version, but I don't find anything about the settings within RetroArch.

I already experimented a bit with Clock Speeds, but it never was good enough of a result.

My problem is that there are just possibly 5-10 FPS missing to make it run smooth.
It is just barely cracking in audio and lagging when playing most of the games. I think literally just a few more FPS and it would be smooth and perfect.
At some points it even runs without any lag or cracking sounds at all, it just runs perfect in situations where not much resources are needed, I guess.

So all I need is to get a few more FPS to compensate these dips of areas with much going on.
I sincerely hope that there is just a small setting that could help me to get a few FPS more.

I created this thread here in case that there is no solution to my other request at the Dev Discussion forum.
My system is a Windows on ARM device, and the emulation on it runs pretty good for many things.
Dolphin kind of runs good, too. But it is just these few more FPS that I need to be a happy human  Smile
Alternatively I asked if there is a Windows on ARM version (or even a RA core) of Dolphin. (Yes such a thing exists already, but needs to be compiled, and I am not talented in this kind of stuff...)
Sorry, but the RetroArch core isn't made by us and we know very little about it. You'll have to ask the people who made it.

Undertaker555

I am sorry. I did not know that.
Also I wanted to tell you, that I already got a great solution in my individual situation:

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-re...rm-dolphin

Someone compiled the standalone version for ARM64, and it works great!
The FPS problem with Dolphin Core on ARM emulation is not fixed, but now I know that it would have to be asked at RetroArch, and not here.

Thank you!