Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] The House of the Dead Overkill (PAL)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[color=#000000][Wii] The House of the Dead Overkill (PAL) PLAYABLE![/color]

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/big..._front.jpg

[Image: a139d87ffe84.jpg]

[Image: 6719ad7eaf92.jpg]

[Image: 9a8e310a0c47.jpg]

[Image: 34d09ff51623.jpg]

[Image: a8cda2aa7d69.jpg]

[Image: fe4dc89aac9a.jpg]

[Image: bb70ec9761cb.jpg]

[Image: 0d9d1747cd60.jpg]

[Image: d830a4c99cff.jpg]

[color=#000000]About game[/color]
The House of the Dead: Overkill shines as one of the best-looking games on the Wii thanks to its frequent and expert use of motion blur and grainy filters and its stylistic color palette.The House of the Dead: Overkill contains seven levels, each set up like a short segment of a film and given a playful name that reeks of drive-in movie tradition.

[color=#000000]Games like this: [/color]
Resident evil: The Umbrella Chronicles, Resident Evil: Dark Side Chronicles, Dead space: Extraction

[color=#000000]General Settings[/color]

* Dual Core: Enabled
* Idle Skipping: Enabled
* Optimize Quantiziers: Enabled
* Dynamic Recompilation: Enabled

[color=#000000]Wii Settings[/color]

* Progressive Scan: Disable

[color=#000000]OpenGL settings[/color]

*Hacks: none
*Use Safe texture cache
*Copy EFB to GL texture

[color=#000000]Direct 3D Settings[/color]

*Use Safe texture cache
*Copy EFB to GL texture

[color=#000000]Emulated Wiimote Settings[/color]

* Nunchuck Connected: Your choice

[color=#000000]Known Problems[/color]

* some gliches with sound (not ideal sound) and audio/ video sync problem
* [color=#FF0000]Game working more fast with Direct 3D Plugin[/color]

[color=#000000]GameSpot Score: 8.0 (great)[/color]

[color=#000000]Overall[/color]

Game runs pretty good (WITH [color=#FF0000]SVN 4770[/color]) on my PC (Intel Dual core 2.5 Gh, Geforce 9500 gt and 2gb ram) , menus are 30 (in Jit) and 40 (in JitIL) FPS, ingame is 15-30 or more FPS. Graphics are perfect, sound has some glitches, controls are perfect. Status: Very good
I am playing it too, on Dolphin 4771 with C2D E7400, 2.8 GHz, 4 gigs ram and radeon 4830, perfect picture and sound, in game frame rate is from 22-30! Just dont find it so enjoyable as Dead Space Extraction and RE Darkside Chronicles Smile Just a matter of taste
you think the sound is perfect? I'm not saying it's horrible but it is a tid bit distorted, making it sound kinda low quality, isn't it?
You have to use "Safe cache"?

Using opengl, i get very slow movie playback (gameplay 100%) and the movie's audio is way off. I also get horrible corrupted graphics with that plugin also during movies - again gameplay is perfect.

D3D works fine but I get to see the mouse cursor next to the reticle the whole time and that's annoying.
(01-04-2010, 03:13 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]you think the sound is perfect? I'm not saying it's horrible but it is a tid bit distorted, making it sound kinda low quality, isn't it?

Yes, I agree its distorted and low quality, but I play RE Darkside Chronicles alot so my standards fell big time Smile
(01-04-2010, 04:04 AM)Legend80 Wrote: [ -> ]You have to use "Safe cache"?

Using opengl, i get very slow movie playback (gameplay 100%) and the movie's audio is way off. I also get horrible corrupted graphics with that plugin also during movies - again gameplay is perfect.

D3D works fine but I get to see the mouse cursor next to the reticle the whole time and that's annoying.

In general settings set hide cursor to auto and in D3D plugin set fullscreen- cursor will be gone. I play with no problems with Dolphin 4771
Oh yeah. Nice Game thread. Adding to Index.
I already passed the game (WITH SVN 4770) on Direct3D Plugin with my settings (+ update 3rd screenshot)))) i doesn't have any errors, the game working perfect, not ideal only sound)))
yeah, for now the sound quality is kinda keeping me from playing it...though it ain't so bad...I just have sensitive ears Wink
But is "unlimited JIT cache" enabled really necessary? Because if it's not you should leave it out...it'll only confuse users who don't use orleans builds.
(01-08-2010, 09:15 PM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]yeah, for now the sound quality is kinda keeping me from playing it...though it ain't so bad...I just have sensitive ears Wink
But is "unlimited JIT cache" enabled really necessary? Because if it's not you should leave it out...it'll only confuse users who don't use orleans builds.

ok, "unlimited JIT cache" is not really necessary, i leave it out )))

ps: this is my save's http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?o5y3ezjwuu4 (game already passed (story mode))
"a toothless crack whore said, 'give me a Chicken dinner'"
Lmfao, I thought Wii was games 4 the family.
Im only at title screen and think I love this game.
Some winner out there fix the sound plzzzz =)
Pages: 1 2 3