Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Resident Evil 4 Debug - HDread and HDwrite errors, unknowon path "X: / and "Y: /
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Atomoksetin

Hello.
I would like to ask a question about Resident Evil 4 Prototype.
Platform: GC
Regin: USA
Features: Full debug
-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- ----------
This build of Resident Evil 4 is equipped with debug to allow
test and modify many components of the game in real-time mode.
Using the built-in "utilities" of the developers, I can freely edit the elements of the game as I need.
Inside the utilities there is also the ability to SAVE and LOAD certain files from "external sources"
There are 2 kinds of file saving and 2 kinds of file upload,
in debug, these 2 types are marked (LOCAL and SERVER)
-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- ------------
The problem I am addressing is that
when trying to save a modified file or load another file in the developer utility, an error occurs that looks like this.

[img][Image: d1c5eb01e666.png][/img]

When trying to download a file via "local" or "server", the console log gives the following errors:
-SERVER-
HDread: "y: /Room/St1/R102/r10200.cam" not found !!!

-LOCAL-
HDread: "X: /Soft/Room/St1/R102/r10200.cam" not found !!!

When trying to save a file via "local" or "server", the console log gives the following errors:
-SERVER -
HDread: "y: /Room/St1/R102/r10200.cam" not found !!!
HDwrite: "y: /Room/St1/R102/r10200.cam" write failed!

-LOCAL-
HDread: "X: /Soft/Room/St1/R102/r10200.cam" not found !!!
HDwrite: "X: /Soft/Room/St1/R102/r10200.cam" write failed!

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- -

This is how all the errors of saving and loading files through local and server look like

[Image: 92dc652477a0.jpg]

It seems to me that the game cannot find certain files that lie along the paths specified in the log, I could try to create new files according to the paths requested by the game.
Unfortunately, I do not know what "HDread" and "HDwrite" mean and
the more I do not know which discs the game refers to under the letters "X" and "Y".
Any help would be appreciated.
The game cannot access files that aren't on the disc. This load/save feature you found on the debug build probably interacts with a GameCube development unit, which has special hardware and thus won't work in Dolphin...

Atomoksetin

(09-28-2021, 05:59 PM)mbc07 Wrote: [ -> ]The game cannot access files that aren't on the disc. This load/save feature you found on the debug build probably interacts with a GameCube development unit, which has special hardware and thus won't work in Dolphin...

I created a folder with a similar path and the requested file for all 4 combinations of the game request, I tried to put this folder in the archive with the game in the save data of Card A, but it was unsuccessful.

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- -------
I don't know if this has anything to do with my problem, but I noticed that in the debug version, when trying to save the gameplay, the game offers 2 variations.

[Image: e64e983a6c83.jpg]

The first and only working variation marked "CARD SLOT A" creates a regular save in .gci format

The second variation, marked "HARD DISK", does not work and prints the following error to the log console:

HDwrite: "d: \ bio4 / room / savedata00.dat" write failed!
HDread: "d: \ bio4 / room / sysdata.dat" not found !!!
HDwrite: "d: \ bio4 / room / sysdata.dat" write failed!

This error looks similar to mine, only here the game requests data from a certain disk "d".

I think that I just need to find the desired disk and put the files requested by the game into it, or emulate this disk on Dolphin, perhaps there is also an option for making the game look for the files it needs in another place.
Like I said, that "Hard Disk" option refers to external hardware from a GameCube development unit that's not emulated by Dolphin. There's nothing you can currently do to make this work, sorry...

Atomoksetin

(09-29-2021, 03:22 AM)mbc07 Wrote: [ -> ]Like I said, that "Hard Disk" option refers to external hardware from a GameCube development unit that's not emulated by Dolphin. There's nothing you can currently do to make this work, sorry...

HDread and HDwrite is short for Hardware?

On the Internet, I heard about the existence of NR Reader, NPDP Reader and also about Dolphin Development Hardware. What hardware do I need to purchase to get the debug function to work?
(10-01-2021, 06:29 PM)Atomoksetin Wrote: [ -> ]HDread and HDwrite is short for Hardware?
I guess not.

(10-01-2021, 06:29 PM)Atomoksetin Wrote: [ -> ]On the Internet, I heard about the existence of NR Reader, NPDP Reader and also about Dolphin Development Hardware. What hardware do I need to purchase to get the debug function to work?
No idea.