Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Heavy stutters during Meta-Ridley fight in Metroid Prime 1 (Wii Trilogy)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the title says, I'm having heavy stutters and FPS drops during the Meta-Ridley fight, absolutely unplayable. It also happened during most of my gameplay when entering/getting out of water, but wasn't a big issue since it would last 1-2 seconds max.

I'm on Dolphin 5.0-14790, Apple Macbook M1, Vulkan, Dual core disabled since my game would crash everytime I use the morph ball, async, 3x resolution with 16x anisotropic. Tried lowering to 2x resolution, but same issue. Except for this, the play ran smoothly with 45-60 FPS depending on the areas.

Has anyone experienced that?
Do you have Asynchronous Ubershaders enabled?
(09-27-2021, 10:59 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have Asynchronous Ubershaders enabled?

Yes.
I don't know much about how this game performs on the Apple M1, but the Ridley battle is known to be significantly more demanding than most of the game.
(09-27-2021, 11:03 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know much about how this game performs on the Apple M1, but the Ridley battle is known to be significantly more demanding than most of the game.

Yeah I can see that. I could go with the FPS drops when entering water, but with Ridley, it's really unplayable.
I tried decreasing the resolution down to native, anisotropic filtering to 1x, precompiling shaders, still stuttering. Damn.

Any help?