Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: TR Wiimote Not Connecting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ive Got a Mayflash Dolphin Bar on latest FW and an onboard BT device Tuff Gaming 570. Regular wiimotes sync and pair just fine but TN Wiimotes just sync once and are never remembered. Ive stopped using DolphinBar in favor of using Gyro to emulate the IR sensor. I dont get the wiimote to sync to the bluetooth adaptor no matter what i try. the wiimote will connect once to windows in some strange way but will never connect again. ive tried the sync button on th back and dolphin never finds it.

my specs are
Windows 11 x64- 22000
Ryzen 5 5600X
RX 480 4GB
2X8GB DDR4 and 1x4GB DDR4
  • Never connect/pair the Wii remote to Windows. The operating system may interfere with Dolphin's ability to connect with the Wii remote.
  • To connect a Wii remote, press "Refresh", then press and hold the "1 and 2" buttons simultaneously on the Wii remote. Or press and hold the "Sync" button for -TR Wii remotes.
  • If the remote does not seem to want to connect, make sure that any real Wiis in proximity are switched off for the duration of the pairing process.
  • If all this doesn't work, then try Bluetooth Passthrough.
(08-17-2021, 10:46 PM)Jack Wrote: [ -> ]
  • Never connect/pair the Wii remote to Windows. The operating system may interfere with Dolphin's ability to connect with the Wii remote.
  • To connect a Wii remote, press "Refresh", then press and hold the "1 and 2" buttons simultaneously on the Wii remote. Or press and hold the "Sync" button for -TR Wii remotes.
  • If the remote does not seem to want to connect, make sure that any real Wiis in proximity are switched off for the duration of the pairing process.
  • If all this doesn't work, then try Bluetooth Passthrough.
yea tried that. Windows picks up on them regardless of what i do and passthrough isnt an option since i use other devices. using sync or the 1+2 buttons just makes the wiimote blink for a minute then turn off
Also in the controller menu is the emulate wii remote on real wii remote in the menu and continuous scanning while your try to pair the wiimotes.
(08-18-2021, 07:08 AM)themaster123 Wrote: [ -> ]Also in the controller menu is the emulate wii remote on real wii remote in the menu and continuous scanning while your try to pair the wiimotes.

Yea that doesn't work. I've tried the pairing instructions to the letter and it's even a bit out of date since refresh isn't needed anyways with contious scanning. I have a DolphinBar but it won't remember the TN remote after a power off cycle. It remember the regular wiimotes just fine. Bluetooth passthrough is the only way I can reliably connect the TN remote but that cuts off usage of other BT devices and I can't emulate the IR pointer with Gyro with it. If I rely on my onboard BT and just start dolphin and a game then begin the syncing process you can see windows automatically adding it in the background so it seems windows is messing with it when it shouldn't.
What exactly is a "TN Wiimote"? Are your Wiimotes made by Nintendo, or they're 3rd party ones? Dolphin's "Emulate a BT Adapter" mode (and by extension the Dolphin Bar, which requires that mode) is only guaranteed to work with genuine Nintendo Wiimotes...
(08-18-2021, 09:43 AM)mbc07 Wrote: [ -> ]What exactly is a "TN Wiimote"? Are your Wiimotes made by Nintendo, or they're 3rd party ones? Dolphin's "Emulate a BT Adapter" mode (and by extension the Dolphin Bar, which requires that mode) is only guaranteed to work with genuine Nintendo Wiimotes...

TN Remote is the official Wiimote with MotionPlus Inside RVL-CNT-01-TR ive seen some people refer to them as TN remotes

Correction TR remotes. dont know where i got TN
Are you using Control Panel -> Devices -> Add a Device to add the -TR ? I've never used the Dolphin Bar so I have no idea how it works, but the Control Panel method works just fine with "Emulated Wii Bluetooth" - > " Real Wii Remote" (just make sure to tick the box next to "continuous sync" so the -TR connects)
How are you syncing the Wiimote? As far as I remember you can't use 1+2 to sync -TR Wiimotes, only the red sync button method work with them. Also, it's perfectly normal for the Wiimote to appear on Windows' device list once Dolphin syncs with them, as it won't be able to communicate with it without pairing first. Just make sure you let Dolphin handle the pairing (e.g. Continuous Scanning) instead of pairing the Wiimote manually through Windows and everything should work...
I just try the 1+2 for my -tr wiimote(the motion plus built in) and it work fine with continuous scanning. I didn't have a game open though. I use the bluetooth on the intel wireless ac 3168(lol it on an amd x570 motherboard). I was using windows 10 21h1 and the current beta also. In skyward sword the controller work fine. You have to repeatably hit those buttons though. I also tried windows 7 and windows 11 on the same computer(multi boot) and all work fine with connecting. windows 11 did seem to take long to connect then windows 10 did. You do have keep pressing the button to get to pair also.
Pages: 1 2