Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Are there games that benefit of Enabling Progressive Scan?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know Dolphin has an almost universal way to get a progressive frame even in interlaced output games. That's why the progressive mode is pretty useless and it's disabled by default.

I wanted to know if there are games affected positively or negatively by Progressive mode.

I've read some games like Zelda Twilight Princess disable the blurry copy filter in 480p mode, but that's irrelevant for Dolphin (years ago the filter wasn't emulated, currently it's disabled by default).

Maybe the internal framerrate or image quality can get worse if you force the game to output a full frame instead of rendering it interlacing?
Some games render at double the resolution in progressive scan, like the double strike games.
(08-08-2021, 02:27 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Some games render at double the resolution in progressive scan, like the double strike games.

Is it a bad practice to keep it enabled? Will the answer vary depending on the chosen internal resolution?
It doesn't matter 99.99% of the time. The .01% of the time it does anything, it probably doesn't matter?
Merci! Smile