Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii Cursor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Thatsupercrazydude

Hey all, this is my first ever time posting here...

I have been enjoying dolphin for a while. So I decided to stop mapping buttons to my xbox controller and buy a wiimote and nunchuck plus a few accessories. It's motionplus (built in) but not a TR model. At first this was a worry, but it seemed to work out fine. I played alot of titles and decided to seek out any 1st person sword games... that's when I found dragon quest... and it worked great... but some point through the game (I dont think I'm that far in though) when suddenly I started having pointer issues. If I move the pointer/cursor off the screen or move it too quickly it disappears. Sometimes it comes back as soon as I wiggle it in line with the sensor bar, sometimes I have to erratically move my arm about until it reappears... so this means it takes up to a few seconds for it to acknowledge any input, thus I get slayed by whatever is attacking me.

I failed any troubleshooting attempts and failed atcfindibg anything online... so I went to another title, one I had abandoned... muramasa... in this title it wont let me hold down with the nunchuck, the character keeps going up and down from crouch erratically l.

So anyway, I have a wii motion plus (built in), not a TR model but has worked this far, I only just ordered it from CEX, and the nunchuck was from Ebay, my local CEX doesn't have any wii stuff. I've recently spent around 100 quid (£) on wii stuff now so I refuse to spend more just yet. Everything was working fine till yesterday. I dare go back to titles with the light gun in case I get more infuriated. Gotta keep the stress down man ? Also I'm using a mayflash bar

(Next time I'll try write this on my PC, this hasn't been easy ?
(07-31-2021, 08:08 AM)Thatsupercrazydude Wrote: [ -> ]that's when I found dragon quest... and it worked great... but some point through the game (I dont think I'm that far in though) when suddenly I started having pointer issues. If I move the pointer/cursor off the screen or move it too quickly it disappears. Sometimes it comes back as soon as I wiggle it in line with the sensor bar, sometimes I have to erratically move my arm about until it reappears... so this means it takes up to a few seconds for it to acknowledge any input, thus I get slayed by whatever is attacking me.

The cursor freeze issue of Dragon Quest 25 Shuuen Kinen has been fixed in the latest development version. Download the latest development version from here.

(07-31-2021, 08:08 AM)Thatsupercrazydude Wrote: [ -> ]so I went to another title, one I had abandoned... muramasa... in this title it wont let me hold down with the nunchuck, the character keeps going up and down from crouch erratically

There is a bug regarding dropped inputs from Wiimote+Nunchuck in Muramasa: The Demon Blade.
https://bugs.dolphin-emu.org/issues/12099

Thatsupercrazydude

(07-31-2021, 04:53 PM)Jack Wrote: [ -> ]The cursor freeze issue of Dragon Quest 25 Shuuen Kinen has been fixed in the latest development version. Download the latest development version from here.

There is a bug regarding dropped inputs from Wiimote+Nunchuck in Muramasa: The Demon Blade.
https://bugs.dolphin-emu.org/issues/12099

Oh so they were issues specific to the titles themselves. For dragon quest it must be on certain levels coz I revisited old levels and seemed to work fine mostly. 

Thanks for your help man Smile

Thatsupercrazydude

I just clicked the link, which version is it I need to install? I'm quite tetchy but no means a pro by any standards ?  
Well, you can download 5.0-14790, which is the latest Beta version from here:
https://dl.dolphin-emu.org/builds/5a/6c/...790-x64.7z

Also, keep in mind that the beta/development versions require the 64-bit Visual C++ redistributable for Visual Studio 2019 to be installed.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help...-downloads