Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: mGBA Integration: Introducing the Integrated GBA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: mgbaintegrationheadermini.jpg]

A new article has been published on the Dolphin blog - mGBA Integration: Introducing the Integrated GBA

Feel free to discuss the article in this thread.
Heart  Amazing work by the developers.
Also, I hope that someone will soon get the free time to work on the Game Boy Player.
I love the header! Where did you find that picture?
It was commissioned specifically for this article. It really turned out fantastic in the end.
I logged in to say thank you to everyone involved, as it stands Dolphin is one of the greatest emulators made and all the effort and love for that era of games is amazing to see! Smile

EDIT: Okay umm maybe I'm turning out to be supremely dumb in my quick attempt to try Crystal Chronicles but how exactly are inputs handled in that game? o.o I loaded the game and selected Multiplayer Mode which prompted me to unplug all GC controllers and connect the GBAs which I did but then I have no means to press "Multiplayer Mode" again, pressing the assigned GBA buttons does nothing. It's been many years till I played the game with GBAs on real-hardware so I feel like I miss a step ?

EDIT2: Yeah I sure did, that's what happens if you get too excited and don't think things through, it's helpful to provide a GBA BIOS to Dolphin! Tongue

KostaSaizo7

Incredible work from all the developers and another awesome article. JMC47 and MayImilae, you should really consider writing progress reports for other emulators. You two are the best!

Next steps are GB Player and Wii<>NDS connectivity. Any plans for melonDS collaboration?
There are no plans for collaborating with a particular DS emulator. I mean, technically doesn't mGBA have a DS core in the medusa branch? But yeah, we've joked about it with the melonDS team at points but there's nothing serious.

As for GBPlayer, I mean. We already have an internal GBA so... maybe?
Honestly Wii <--> NDS connectivity would be mindblowing, after that I'm a dreamer and wish for a custom Wii OS build that shows every .iso as a channel in the native OS menu but yeah I'm sure that will stay a dream Tongue
(07-21-2021, 10:27 PM)Skyy Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly Wii <--> NDS connectivity would be mindblowing, after that I'm a dreamer and wish for a custom Wii OS build that shows every .iso as a channel in the native OS menu but yeah I'm sure that will stay a dream Tongue

Something like this?
https://wii.guide/wiigsc.html

This is used for loading games directly from Wii Menu as a channel via USB Loader.
(07-21-2021, 10:36 PM)Jack Wrote: [ -> ]Something like this?
https://wii.guide/wiigsc.html

This is used for loading games directly from Wii Menu as a channel via USB Loader.

Yeah pretty much! Would be super handy to be able to auto-boot Dolphin into such a front-end for living-room setups! If I could code I would develop a whole front-end for Dolphin with a boot-animation and a menu inspired by the Wii/Wii U OS along with the Wave Race Blue Storm menus.

I know we have Retroarch for that technically or a plethora of emu launchers but in my head I'm thinking: "What if Dolphin were an actual console?" I'm just a UI nut Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3